Author Topic: Moyers Trigger Guard Thought everyone might be interested  (Read 1228 times)

Offline brennemanj83

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Moyers Trigger Guard Thought everyone might be interested
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:08:44 PM »
Found these while doing a little research.Thought you guys might be interested.Moyers Trigger Guard and Forend Spacer available in blued steel,stainless steel,and brass.I'm goin to get the brass for my TC.

http://www.moyersgunrepair.com/product_info.php?products_id=42

http://www.moyersgunrepair.com/product_info.php?products_id=45

Midway also has them liste on their website a little cheaper but will not be available until 12/29/08.
Banned for less than honest trading practices.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Moyers Trigger Guard Thought everyone might be interested
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:26:03 PM »
You should have researched them here first, I wouldn't do business with the man again if my life depended on it!   :(

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,125031.msg1098440737.html#msg1098440737

I've been corresponding with Moyers Gun Repair about the lack of quality and fit on his TG and spacer, his last email was a response forwarded from another customer that complained about the poor fit, basically the same issues that have been discussed here. I even offered to send him a trigger guard so he can see what's wrong with his copy, I've sent him numerous pics showing the discrepancies in his copy which he seems to blame on us as not knowing what we're doing, he thinks that his trigger guard is an exact duplicate of a modern TG, but I think he's using something very old that has changed since he thinks the rear part won't fit a frame unless he cuts that part away like he does.

I won't be ordering any more of his TGs or spacers, maybe he'll get the message and make some improvements, he could charge a bit more money and it wouldn't be bad if he'd make them fit like they should and match current production parts. :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline brennemanj83

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:40:13 PM »
well now I feel like a dumb@$$  :-\
Banned for less than honest trading practices.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »
Don't feel bad, you're not the first to think they discovered something really good only to learn differently, his stuff has been a real disappointment for a bunch of us.  :(

Tim

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 03:08:05 AM »
well now I feel like a dumb@$$  :-\

You shouldn't!!  Tim's spot on and that's one of the GREAT BENIFITS of this great forum!!!!  Just like they say..been there done that. So we ALL can benefit for either a truly GREAT FIND or one to avoid!!

Thanks for posting!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
The folks here have saved countless rear ends just this way........mine included.  Thanks all, and Merry Christmas.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 03:26:38 PM »
had no idea, and would have bought em if i had seen them.  thanks for posting, good or not, and for saving me some $$$!!
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »
If you notice, it looks to me like his pictures are of the plastic NEF trigger guard and spacer. That should tell us something right there.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 10:24:33 AM »
I see that Midway USA is now listing them as "coming soon". I think I'll drop them a line and let them know what their in for.
Don

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 11:18:30 AM »
I sent Midway USA an Email on the subject and also let them know that Talley may be willing to produce these parts.
Don

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »
Thanks Don, Talley is definitely working on them, it's just a matter of time before Gary gets a machine dedicated to making them.  ;)

Tim