Author Topic: As if Things Weren’t Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.  (Read 585 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)

As if Things Weren’t Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

ANDREW OSBORN
The Wall Street Journal
December 29, 2008

http://www.infowars.com/?p=6871

Igor Panarin on Russia Today back in November. 

MOSCOW — For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument — that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. — very seriously. Now he’s found an eager audience: Russian state media.

In recent weeks, he’s been interviewed as much as twice a day about his predictions. “It’s a record,” says Prof. Panarin. “But I think the attention is going to grow even stronger.”

Prof. Panarin, 50 years old, is not a fringe figure. A former KGB analyst, he is dean of the Russian Foreign Ministry’s academy for future diplomats. He is invited to Kremlin receptions, lectures students, publishes books, and appears in the media as an expert on U.S.-Russia relations.

But it’s his bleak forecast for the U.S. that is music to the ears of the Kremlin, which in recent years has blamed Washington for everything from instability in the Middle East to the global financial crisis. Mr. Panarin’s views also fit neatly with the Kremlin’s narrative that Russia is returning to its rightful place on the world stage after the weakness of the 1990s, when many feared that the country would go economically and politically bankrupt and break into separate territories.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
You mean like they did? I know he is not a Prophet & just another squaker.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
He very well could be right. If the fed destroyes the dollar and we go to super inflation the entire economy will self destruct. we have become a city society not a rural one, very few are self sufficent, and those in the city that have been surviving on the government handouts will have nowere to turn except robbery and looting to survive and it will be a war to survive not a civil war against the government. there is no way for a metro centered society to survive without all the support infrastructure in place.Look around how many of your neighbors can survive without the grocery store? The now generation will eat the last handful of beans rather than plant them. The herds aren't big enought to support substance hunting when the population is the size it is. We have a very fragile society it wouldn't take a lot to tip it off the edge.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Maybe I don't want to move from Alaska.  At least here no matter what happens I can feed my family.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Mohawk

Yeah, right. And MIG fighters are state-of-the-art  :D. Tell that to our F-15 and F-22 fighting men and women. When they quit laughing, they will introduce you to their many captured and shot down MIGs. They call them "lead sleds". Why do think Venezquelan dictator Chavez is sending back arms they bought from Russian, because the quality was "unacceptable". This is just Moscow's typical propaganda. If we fear our own existence, we will ignore them. That's what they want.

Offline magooch

Judging how the world economy seems to have followed the decline that we are presently enjoying, I'd say we will have plenty of company.  There might be some great buying opportunities in the market and in real estate.

One question: What kind of soup is usually served in soup lines?  I hope it's lobster bisque, or oyster pan roast (New York style).
Swingem

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
Russia is our enemy. Was before and nothing has changed. Different players same game
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Sorry guys; but he may be correct! Many of us have been warning for decades that unless America turns away from the 60s mentality and turns back to God, we are in trouble. Obviously, when people turn their back upon God their moral compass deteriorates, all kinds of problems crop up. We get "broken compass" people in high offices that only look after their own interests and end up robbing the people any way they can..bribery, refusing to confront evil etc. (e.g. Chicago politics has likely infected all of Illinoise) So our economic system collapses just as their own moral system collapsed previously. No surprises there...Crooked people cannot lead a straight nation..
   The collapse could be avoided if our whole nation, especially elected leaders would repent and turn from their money-god, back to the REAL God..but don't hold your breath! I believe most of them have rejected God for so long that they have been turned over to a "reprobate mind"; I hope not, but I fear they... and as a result, our nation are both lost!

Sourdough; you may be better off than most of us..stay put! ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mrbigtexan

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
our nation is not lost! there are lots of good people left in america and even if we go into a depression then we will only weed out the bad apples and we will grow back stronger than ever. we have been through this before and look how strong we bounced back. there will be lots to learn if we do fall into tough times, and there will be nothing but good people left. of course it will be bad at first while everyone is doing the WEEDING but we as a nation will always be strong.

Offline thxmrgarand

• Contributor
I saw this article on Monday when it was published in a national newspaper.  This Russian professor predicts that Russia will get Alaska back.  He predicts ethic unrest as one of the causes of the US breaking apart in 2010.  While I don't think he can possibly be correct, it's noteworthy that the Russian population is gleeful over the prediction (according to the article).  As a long-time Alaskan I did note earlier this year that the United States Armed Forces didn't have the resources here at Elmendorf and Eielson AFB's to go meet Russian Bear bombers and had to ask the Canadian Armed Forces to bring some fighter jets to Elmendorf in order to meet the Russians.  That was covered by the Anchorage Daily News and anyone can likely find the articles on the Internet.  I also think it's noteworthy that people with nothing more than rifles and improvised explosives in Iraq, a country the size of Texas, have taxed our military resources so severely.  The United States may be weaker than Americans realize.

On the other hand, our situation may just be one of making very poor military decisions in utilizing what remains to be huge military power.  I believe that if Israeli decision-makers had taken on Iraq with our military they would have not put a single American on the ground until the threat was substantially neutralized even if that meant losses of Iraqi civilians of 1,000 times what this current war has brought.  The decision to fight terrorists using the tools the terrorists have rather than fighting them with tools they don't have seems to have brought thousands of US casualties and loss (to the Republicans) of the White House and the Congress.  If Iraqi civilians appreciate the cost to the United States they have been keeping it a secret.

If this recession is as severe as the media wants us to believe then it would seem to me that any historian would have to admit that war is one possible further development.  However, I think it's more likely that once Obama is in power the media will decide to begin telling us everything is fine and to some degree that alone will turn the economy around provided our ongoing deal with China - that we produce little and consume much, and they happily and efficiently produce everything we buy at Walmart so they can lend back to us the money we pay for their goods - continues to be OK with China.   

I don't know the future but I hope for the best and try to prepare for the worst.  Happy New Year.