Author Topic: Bowhunts with Guides  (Read 1410 times)

Offline ahunter55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.sanasys.com/~jlaw/
Bowhunts with Guides
« on: April 26, 2003, 10:16:54 AM »
In the past year I have been in the process of making several informational Bowhunting videos  so have logged sevearal miles & Bowhunts for Exotics, Hogs & Javalina in Illinois, Texas & Oklahoma.
On a 1 to 5 star rating-5 being the best.
 March 2003-Javalena with Jerry Gonzales (Perdenal Bowhunts)
Excellent-He provided the chances for Javis & I blew 2 perfect 20 yard shoots in the 3 days I was there.  I did arrow a roaster hog thou the last day. Lodging 3 stars-hunting 5 stars.
Jan. 2003-Hogs with Coal Creek farms, Paris, Ill..  Pat has a great facility for just hog hunting-I took a real nice Boar the 1st day & was eating lunch by 1pm.  5 stars for the hunting.
March 2003-Hogs with the use of hounds-Ray Modisett, Diboll, Texas.
This was my 1st ever Bowhunt with the use of Hounds-I have to admit, of all my Bowhunts making these videos this was the most memorable & exciting-I took my largest Boar with Ray & his hounds 7M Boar Hunts.
food-lodging come with hunt-5 stars in every way.
April 2003-Hogs @ Shilo Ranch (Bowhunting only) near Ada, Oklahoma.  I had a super hunt with Matt & Cheryl-they are super folks & have a excellent facility for Hogs & exotic Rams.  I did not take a hog but did pass on a 20 yard shot at a 100+ pounder.  I saw hogs at every sitting & could have taken a couple very nice Mouflan Rams during my stay-5 stars on the lodging, food & Bowhunting.
3 Hunts (16 days total) Sweetwater Creek, Decater, Texas (Bowhunting only-high fence-1000 acres) Exotics & hogs.  This was my 1st Ranch for Exotics when I started this video series.  The Exotic hunting is fabulous-the lodge is 1st class as is everything about this place.  Jim Bob & Michael are the best of hosts.  5 stars on the Exotic hunting & lodging-2 stars on the Hog hunting.
I will hunt with all of these places again knowing my chances at taking an animal is good but not a sure thing-it is still Bowhunting.
Feel free to contact me on any of these places for more info.  I AM a PAYING hunter-not a guest or free hunt.  ahunter55@hotmail.com or
Bowhunting North America Videos P.O.Box 221, Rock Falls, Il. 61071
always thankful

Offline ahunter55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.sanasys.com/~jlaw/
guides
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 06:34:24 AM »
Shilo Bowhunting.  I just returned from my 2nd trip at Shilo.  I saw over 30 hogs (14 shooters) in 3 sittings.  I was on the hog/Ram combo & missed 2 hog (broken sight pin) & then next day took a 100 pounder plus I took a fine Ram (at least silver).  Another Traditional bowhunter there at the time took 1 100# hog & another around 150#s.  He also saw over 30 hogs & missed a Gold Medal Mouflan.  Top notch hunt again.
always thankful