Author Topic: Strange If~But For Case in NJ  (Read 822 times)

TM7

Strange If~But For Case in NJ
« on: January 06, 2009, 02:45:46 AM »
  Here's the case.  Back during a cold spell a homeless man started a fire under an underpass to try to stay warm. Don't know the size of the fire but FD was called to extinguish the fire. From the shots on tee-vee the fire looked nuisance like and in a few minutes the fir was out. A 25 year FD veteran was behind a fire truck to assist guiding it back and apparently got distracted and/or didn't here the reverse alarm on the truck. He got run over by FD truck and was very unfortunately killed.
   Authorities are now prosecuting the homeless fire starter, who happens to be an illegal alien, for murder. They are charging him with murder....I don't know what degree or the stipulations, but not manslaughter.
 What do you think..?

...TM7

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Strange If~But For Case in NJ
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 03:06:17 AM »
I think the illegal should be shot for being illegal; charging him for murder of the fireman is silly.  Keep it real.  Charging the border jumper with murder is probably just a way to provide him with a warm dry place to rest and food.
Swingem

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:18:11 AM »
I think it is a bit of a stretch....sad, and unfortunate, yes! In most States, if a death occurs during the commission of a crime, then a murder charge can be applied.
Mark

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:40:58 AM »
Lordy, what a farce all the way around.
The FD was ultimately careless/negligent, and if anybody is too be charged with a felony then look for someone in the FD.
The FD needs too step up and take responsibility for this fiasco.
It appears that all was needed for the fire was a fire extingusher at most, stomping it out would have worked also.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:58:20 AM »
that  is  why  we  need  to shut the borders  and get  on jury duty

i  hope the prosecuter  and  judge involved  don't get re-elected

the  illegal  allien  might  be one of  you kids skate boarding   illegally  or  something  next  time  some else  is careless
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:08:21 AM »
According to law the charge is without doubt valid but I agree rather silly.

The fire was illegal thus a crime. A death occured as an indirect result of the commission of the crime therefore the charge is valid under current law. Never the less it is a rather silly charge to apply in this case.

Still I have no sympathy for illegal aliens and have no problem with the charge if they execute him but do not want to see us pay for keeping him in prison for life over the incident. Hell I'd support just shooting all illegals on site personally as I am tired of them ruining this nation which in my opinion they along with politicians are. Maybe we should also shoot politicians on sight for sure that would make this a better country.  ;D Yes that's a joke but the fact we need to do something about those elected officials who do not do what is best for the country is not a joke.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:10 AM »
but  the  law  SHOULD  be  applied  equally

so  a  cop  gets  hit  and  killed  because  he  stopped  you   over  your blown  tail  light

you  are  just  as  guilty  as this  man

now  shoot  illegals  on  sight  can  be  enforce  equally
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 10:54:35 AM »
You kill a cop you are going down!!
 On the other hand if the cop kills you, no big deal. A while back my Friends wife was hit head on by a county cop in a large SUV. He was on the wrong side of the road speeding , not answering a call, no blue lights or any thing. He has a long history of wrecks in county cars. What was done to him NOTHING. She was killed on the spot. It took hours to cut her out of the car. He had no injuries. They can kill you and just walk away from it as if nothing happend.
                                              beerbelly

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 05:15:06 AM »
Technically, aliens are suppose to have the same rights as us citizens but that is beside the point. And technically, the only rule this guy maybe broke is perhaps a "regulation"...failure to get a burn permit.

As I see it this is a group of people, the FD and the government, that don't want to take responsibility for their own actions and have the power to blame stuff on other people, and the guy in this case was up against a natural law...the law of survival pending freezing to death.

I see it as an alarming trend that can catch most all citizens in a giant spider web if it develops more....in fact, it could be argued that it is quite fascistic in concept....and kinda like gun laws in a related way.

..TM7

I agree 100%!!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 06:37:48 AM »
If we are going to start shooting politicians then I got dubs on the House cause there is more targets.  :D ;D :-*
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
We defended a case not long ago where a municpal ordinance violation gave rise to a manslaughter case.  He wasn't an immigrant, and he was convicted.  It's a modification on the theory of the felony murder rules.

Offline eod20

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
  • stinker
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »
  PERSONALLY I LIKE THE IDEA OF HANGING     A POLITIONS FROM LIGHT POLES      JUST LIKE THEY USED TO HANG THIEVES AND PIRATES ON THE APPROACHES TO CITIES       1 LIGHT POLE = 1 POLITION    AND THE GOOD THING IS ROPE IS REUSEABLE

AS FOR THE ILLEGIALS   MY BELIEF IS THAT THE CONSTITUTION SHOULD ONLY APPLY TO CITIZENS - NOT RESIDENTS OR ILLEGELS
looking for ejectors - 308, 8mm, 35 rem, 25-20, 32-20, 357 mag, 45LC

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 08:06:29 AM »
We defended a case not long ago where a municpal ordinance violation gave rise to a manslaughter case.  He wasn't an immigrant, and he was convicted.  It's a modification on the theory of the felony murder rules.
Mmm,,,that's what I'm talking about. How did you lose the case, what theory prevailed.?

..TM7
It was a case in which an unattended pitbull or two may have crossed a fence and killed an elderly lady.  The theory of the case was that having an illegal dog was a dangerous condition and one the statute sought to avoid.  The state had to prove that a) the dog killed the lady and b) the dog was a pitbull as defined in the statute and c) the dog was being owned, harbored, or controlled by the defendant.

a) The pathologist testified that the dog attack led to a fatal heart attack
b) The vet testified that it was one of the three dogs covered by the statute
c) There was testimony that the dog was fed and kept by the defendant

The first trial ended in a hung jury.  The second ended in a conviction.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 08:17:04 AM »
Accidents happen everyday.  A few weeks before I got hired on at the truck dealership I work at now, a mechanic got pinned between a State Dump Truck and a 19,000 lb Peterbilt.  Luckiest kid i've ever met in my life.  The front end of the Peterbilt was on ramps and the back wheels chocked.  Somebody removed the wheel chocks while the brakes were released and the kid just happened to be in the wrong place @ the wrong time... Same situation w/ this case. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »
If this kid is the luckiest how would you define the most unlucky?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD