Author Topic: Wilderness Hunting Lodge  (Read 1084 times)

Offline ttank0789

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Wilderness Hunting Lodge
« on: October 19, 2008, 03:27:44 AM »
Has anyone hunted at Wilderness Hunting Lodge in Tennessee? How is it?
"The most dangerous moment comes with victory."  
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

"Have I not commanded you? Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
                                       -Joshua 1:9-

Offline hummer58

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wilderness Hunting Lodge
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
Spent the weekend there with my 2 oldest daughters and 2 friends. My girls were after Russian boars and they had a great hunt. Was it easy - no. They had to spot and stalk hunt the boars and trust me they we not tame in the least. Very mountainous terrain with lots of climbing but that is the way they wanted to hunt the boars. We had a blast and have made plans to return this fall. I was able to harvest a nice Fallow buck after a 3+ hr. stalk at times with me crawling on my belly. This is what I was looking for in a hunt, a challenge not just to walk up and pick one to shoot. I will be returning for a nice Red Stag this fall. My friends son took a large Russian boar with the bow and he took a javalena(sp) with the bow. I don't think that you will be disappointed when you go because it is there goal to do all they can to make your hunt exactly like you want it. Good hunting, Tim