Author Topic: Sheriif Profits and Pockets $212,000 Skimming State Money  (Read 325 times)

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
Sheriif Profits and Pockets $212,000 Skimming State Money
« on: January 10, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »

Clearly this guy fits the Hollywood image of the Southern Sheriff, dating back to Dukes of Hazard.  I thought Hollywood scriptwriters made up sheriffs like this, but he is the Morgan County, Alabama sheriff. In three years time he admitted to skimming $212,000 of State funds for inmate meals.  The State only pays $1.75 a day for inmate meals. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11410358?source=rss

Many years ago when I drove by the old county jail where I was raised in California it was common to see inmates outback skinning a deer.  I had met this old gold miner in the backcountry.  He always did well until he made a trip to town and found himself in the bar.  He would end up a few days in the Sheriffs hotel.  He claimed the road kill deer gave them a lot of solids and they eat better then inmates in populated city jails.  Sometime back somebody sued the sheriff and they quit feeding the inmates venison.

DOD (Department of Defense) might want to hire him to manage Guantomino prision. 

I need to be careful here, I might have a cousin or two living in Morgan County.

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Sheriif Profits and Pockets $212,000 Skimming State Money1
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »
Clearly this guy fits the Hollywood image of the Southern Sheriff, dating back to Dukes of Hazard.

Well, he certainly isn't a Buford Pusser by any stretch of the imagination.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Sheriif Profits and Pockets $212,000 Skimming State Money
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 10:26:03 AM »
He is just another thief. Al tho what he is doing is legal in Alabama, in my opinion he is still a thief. I am a firm be leaver of lock them up, but when we incarcerate a person ,we should have to give them decent food and medical care. But unlike the supream court I think the inmates should have to work for there keep.
                                                                     Beerbelly

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »
This kind of thing goes on a lot more than most would think.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 12:55:31 PM »
feed  them  deer

if  they are  not felons

then  they will  vote  pro  hunting when relaesed

saves the tax payors $$

win  win

the  theiving sheriff  can still  run  the jail kitchen    24/7
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.