Author Topic: Help -- extractor/ejector  (Read 360 times)

Offline PAndy

• Trade Count: (0)
Help -- extractor/ejector
« on: January 10, 2009, 07:31:53 AM »
I picked up a used .243 handi for assorted use at home.  Fired a few rounds through it just to see if it went bang.  I picked up a box of Wolf 100 gr .243 ammo.  Two of the four rounds seized up the extractor a little bit.  One took a couple cracks to get it out.  The other was more stubborn, and rather than whack the gun I tapped it out (easily) with a cleaning rod. 

What do you think?  I assume it is related to either the ammo, the clean/dry status of the chamber, or a problem with the extractor.  Hopefully not headspace.  Your input appreciated; thanks.
PAndy

There isn't a Parallel of Latitude but thinks it would have been the Equator if it had had its rights.  --Mark Twain

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Help -- extractor/ejector
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »
Best advice is stay away from the Wolf or any ammo if it sticks in an ejector barrel after you've tuned the ejector, it should work ok in an extractor barrel tho unless you have a first generation extractor which is why there's a 2nd generation extractor!! :D The remedies for sticking brass in ejector barrels are in the FAQs.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Guy Pike

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Help -- extractor/ejector
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:44:23 AM »
I have used many many rounds of brass cased Wolf ammo with no troubles. Steel cased is usually where the troubles begin. The stickies can give you tons of good info to help with sticky cases/chambers. Remember that these rifles and the Wolf ammo are built to a price point that the average Joe can afford and a tiny bit of fine tuning can produce both accurate and reliable results. My best, guy
You can't beat a Cerberus!