Author Topic: Ron Paul: Gaza crisis is blowback for past US interventions  (Read 819 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)

Ron Paul: Gaza crisis is blowback for past US interventions

David Edwards and Muriel Kane
Raw Story
Saturday, Jan 10, 2008      http://www.prisonplanet.com/ron-paul-gaza-crisis-is-blowback-for-past-us-interventions.html

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) spoke on Friday in opposition to a non-binding House resolution (pdf) expressing “strong support for Israel” in its invasion of Gaza and decrying Hamas as a terrorist organization that has put “hundreds of thousands of Israelis in danger.”

“I rise in opposition to this resolution, not because I am taking sides and picking who the bad guys are and who the good guys are.” Paul stated. “I’m looking at this more from the angle of being a United States citizen, an American, and I think resolutions like this really do us great harm.”

“The weapons being used to kill so many Palestinians are American weapons, and American funds, essentially, are being used for this,” continued Paul. “There’s a political liability, which I think is something that we fail to look at, because too often there’s so much blowback from our intervention in areas that we shouldn’t be involved in.”

Paul pointed out that if Hamas now has too much power, it is the fault of past actions by Israel and the United States. “We first, indirectly and directly through Israel, help establish Hamas,” he noted, “then we have an election [in Gaza], then Hamas becomes dominant — so we have to kill them. It just doesn’t make sense.”

(Article continues below)

“There’s a lot of reasons why we should oppose this resolution,” Paul concluded emphatically. “It is not in the interests of the United States. It’s not in the interests of Israel, either.”

Paul’s statement was consistent with his past positions. Last March, he was the sole member of Congress to vote against a one-sided condemnation of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israeli civilians.

Paul stated on that occasion, “I believe it is appalling that Palestinians are firing rockets that harm innocent Israelis, just as I believe it is appalling that Israel fires missiles into Palestinian areas where children and other non-combatants are killed and injured. Unfortunately, legislation such as this is more likely to perpetuate violence in the Middle East than contribute to its abatement. … I strongly believe that we must cease making proclamations involving conflicts that have nothing to do with the United States. We incur the wrath of those who feel slighted while doing very little to slow or stop the violence.”
This video is from C-SPAN, broadcast Jan. 9, 2009.

Offline alsaqr

Re: Ron Paul: Gaza crisis is blowback for past US interventions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:37:16 AM »
The more i see of Ron Paul on the floor of congress the easier it is for me to understand why Republican voters rejected the nutcase. 

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 06:12:01 AM »
RP is a beacon of understanding in the masses of the brainwashed ,duped and compliant rest of the House.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »
A lot of things I disagree with Ron about and a lot I agree with. In this case I agree. Why make proclamations that do nothing except Po folks . Serves no purpose.
                                                       Beerbelly

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
Obama owes nothing to Israel , lets see were he lands on their continued u.s. support. If he withdraws it we can look for an quick preemptive strike against Iran's nuclear facility and a complete war in the mideast against all their neighbors to eliminate any more threats. I distrust them but i was there when they attacked an American ship plainly flying the stars and stripes with aircraft in an all out attempt to sink it and the U.S. airstrike to stop the attack was recalled and the attack was allowed to continue. Not exactly the actions of an ally or a trustworthy government.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 06:32:41 AM »
Heard on FOX that the Israelis did ask Big Uncle for some penetrator bombs
( bunker buster) some time ago to use against Iran's Uranium facility. Much to my pleasant surprise someone actually had a flash of intelligence or crapped their pants when thinking of the consequences and they were turned down.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 10:15:40 AM »
I distrust them but i was there when they attacked an American ship plainly flying the stars and stripes with aircraft in an all out attempt to sink it and the U.S. airstrike to stop the attack was recalled and the attack was allowed to continue. Not exactly the actions of an ally or a trustworthy government.

You make assumptions here I feel are completely in error. You ASSUME that the US didn't ask them to do this for ulterior motives not clear to you then or us now. Our government does not now and has not for a great many years had any complusions whatsoever against killing American citizens or soldiers if it feels like there is something to be gained for those they serve. Trust me it ain't us citizens they serve.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »
I distrust them but i was there when they attacked an American ship plainly flying the stars and stripes with aircraft in an all out attempt to sink it and the U.S. airstrike to stop the attack was recalled and the attack was allowed to continue. Not exactly the actions of an ally or a trustworthy government.

You make assumptions here I feel are completely in error. You ASSUME that the US didn't ask them to do this for ulterior motives not clear to you then or us now. Our government does not now and has not for a great many years had any complusions whatsoever against killing American citizens or soldiers if it feels like there is something to be gained for those they serve. Trust me it ain't us citizens they serve.
I agree.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »
The ship was the USS Liberty. It was an Intelligence ship. The Bastards Murdered 118 U S sailors. Our Great president Johnson said I will not embarrass our allies. With Allies like this we sure don't need enemies. He was just to afraid of the powerful Jewish lobby.
 We should nuke the Muslims and Israeli and be done with it.
                                                                        Beerbelly

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 11:04:26 AM »
The more i see of Ron Paul on the floor of congress the easier it is for me to understand why Republican voters rejected the nutcase. 

Amen!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 11:07:21 AM »
Heard on FOX that the Israelis did ask Big Uncle for some penetrator bombs
( bunker buster) some time ago to use against Iran's Uranium facility. Much to my pleasant surprise someone actually had a flash of intelligence or crapped their pants when thinking of the consequences and they were turned down.

They have 2000 of them already.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 04:09:35 AM »
This kind of brings up the question.
Is the enemy of my enemy, my friend?
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »
rex: that is how it usually works out.