Author Topic: The Axe Fell Today!  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: The Axe Fell Today!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 05:55:18 AM »
:o
 Holy Mackarel !!
If my income was cut 1K I would need to be looking for a rope !!
With the new President. There are a lot of folks out there that voted for him that will be disappointed very quickly when he can't deliver. His honeymoon may  be very short lived

If I can't find a way to replace it then it will be a tough year for sure. Rather than buying guns and such I'll likely be selling some. The trip to OK for the PD shoot is highly unlikely for us this year. The help I often give Matt when he needs it won't be there to give this year. Our eating habits will likely have to change. It's gonna hurt big time but it's not like losing all income when folks lose their jobs for sure.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 06:00:58 AM »
 1 K less would leave me with not enough to live by and to much to die quickly, hence the rope.
I've been there myself but thankfully I was much younger then and my family could help out to get me over the bump.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 06:10:16 AM »
We are all in this together that's what I keep telling my self. I see big war coming soon sometimes I wake up from dreams thinking about it.   :(

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 07:17:29 AM »
Sorry to hear it.
What did you do at the machine shop and where are you?  Your profile is blank.
We are thinking of starting up a division to assemble pumps and we will need someone to trim impellers.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
i was informed right before thanksgiving that my neck was on the block.  right before christmas, i was taken out.   
   hang in there, be creative.  take a lesser job if you must to get by until something more your speed comes along.  a bird in the hand.... 
   dont get down and BE PERSISTANT!   easier said than done, i know.  things work out.   

Offline powderman

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
My hours have been cut since Christmas week, will be for the next month or so. We were cut for 5 weeks around Thanksgiving. Business was fine, just corporate greed. I'm only scheduled for 3 days next week, but a co mgr offered to let me work my day off yesterday in another dept and said she could give me some more hours next week to make up for the cuts. I'm grateful, I'll take whatever I can get. No man, or woman, should ever make excuses for, or be ashamed of ANY honest days work. I've done a lot of jobs I didn't like to pay the bills and put food on the table and am proud of it. I fear we are in for a terrible 4 years under osama. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »
Mcwoodduck,
Im from minn-just north of the twin cities. I was working in a shop that made punch press tooling. I ran EDM's mainly, both wire and sinker, and punch grinders. After I got laid off on wednesday night I called a friend of mine that owns a cabinet shop (worked for him last year for a few months). He said come on in- he is booked for the next few months. So Im working again, big pay cut though, but better than standing in the unenjoyment line.
MS- correction on the date- 2004, not 2006 when i first had symptoms.

Offline Bluegunner

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »
This is just my opinion and I've found that my opinion and a dollar might get me a cup of coffee, but here goes, for what it's worth.
I feel that our present economic condition has been brought on because the media and the democratic party wanted to win the election so bad that they hollered and hollered about how bad things were until one day they woke up and found that they had destroyed what faith the people had in our economy and that they had created a monster that they now don't know how to control.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
MY FEELINGS EXACTLY!
They timed the economic downturn perfectly to land in OSAMAS lap, and it ended up making a bigger splash than anyone expected.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 02:13:19 PM »
Now they are all trying to figure out how to blame it on Bush.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »
In 2001 I spent 10,000  YEAH I WENT IN DEBT .on an adoption ( my 8 y/o twin girls)  6 mths later BAM  laid off . Went back to framing houses & roofing. Got picked up by another Fire Department in another city. Paid off all the loans I accrued while being laid off. Living the good life. Last year we adopted our 3rd child once again 25 G in debt . Last week the cheif comes around. talks about layoffs. Its getting tuff out there. life is good though. kids still eat, house is still warm. Its gonna get worse in the next couple years. Good luck to all out there. Im pretty lucky in the fact that Im a Paramedic as well, I can usually get a job.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting