Author Topic: Israeli war.  (Read 550 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Israeli war.
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:30:06 AM »
George Washington’s Blog
Saturday, Jan 17, 2009

Famed trend forecaster Gerald Calente is warning that America’s unconditional support of the brutal Israeli war on Gaza could lead to an oil embargo against the U.S. which would tip the U.S. into full-scale depression and inducing panic food and fuel buying.

So if you were on the fence about whether or not the U.S. should continue to support the war against Gaza, your own economic self-interest should convince you that it is not.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Israeli war.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 05:59:49 AM »
Who would cut their own nose to spite their face?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 06:13:50 AM »
That would be a scary thing for sure.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 06:15:34 AM »
If we get an embargo on incoming oil how would these terrorist countries fund there terrorism
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 06:20:39 AM »
You are right about that. It would hurt them in the pocket book for sure. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »
George Washington’s Blog
Saturday, Jan 17, 2009

Famed trend forecaster Gerald Calente is warning that America’s unconditional support of the brutal Israeli war on Gaza could lead to an oil embargo against the U.S. which would tip the U.S. into full-scale depression and inducing panic food and fuel buying.

So if you were on the fence about whether or not the U.S. should continue to support the war against Gaza, your own economic self-interest should convince you that it is not.

That goes back to the simple fact that it is inexcuseable that we depend on others for our oil because there are
MANY things that can mess up our oil prices & availability. We have it & don't use it, we deserve the consequenses of this.

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 08:09:13 AM »
George Washington’s Blog
Saturday, Jan 17, 2009

Doesn't apply to me.  I'm not on a fence.

And I certainly do agree - we should have a phased program of changeover from petro-fuels to alternate energy resources; and while the transformation is being developed and implemented we should be drilling and using our own abundant resources.  I don't believe it would take 10 years from drill to gas pump either. 
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 02:19:58 PM »
That ten year delay is a puzzle to me as well. I have no tech.knowledge on this, it seems very long. Now we do know where the coal is located and you can make gasoline and a bunch of other stuff from bituminous coal. The technology is old and it has been done in other countries.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »
I have spent almost all my working life in the oilfield and have been in on the completion of a lot of oil and gas wells. It's been a few years since I retired and I may be out of the loop on how new management does thing. We used to figure drilling and completing a 10,000 foot oilwell would take 5 weeks from the time the drilling rig rigged up over the location until oil was going into a tank battery. That is in a known producing area. A new field will take longer of course but nothing like 10 years.

As a side note there is no drilling going on in my area now. All the drilling rigs are stacked and will stay that way until the demand for oil drives the price back up to where it's profitable to drill again. The oilfield is experiencing the same problems as the rest of the country. Layoffs and reduced hours.

Personally I believe this will delay the implementation of new energy sources and technology because of the lack of profit in them at this time. There is plenty of oil at this time because of reduced demand and it is the cheapest source of energy right now. This will change in time as the country recovers and we will return to high gas prices and people will be clamoring again for alternate energy again.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »
as predicted thge war is over before inaguration day and nothing will be done until they find out were O is on their support. he has not been in the system long enough to owe them the way past pols have done. If they find anything less than 90% support it will get very intresting in the mid east starting with a strike on irans "nuclear power plant".
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 03:33:55 AM »
The political pukes in DC had 35 years to come up with an energy policy and they did nothing.  Maybe we will get something done now; but I will not hold my breath.   

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 05:05:17 AM »
I agree, Nothing gets done until the price of oil goes way up again and then the only thing  done will be more screaming !!