Author Topic: EARTHQUAKE  (Read 716 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
EARTHQUAKE
« on: January 25, 2009, 12:02:37 PM »
Any damage from this one?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: EARTHQUAKE
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 06:57:18 PM »
Haven't heard of any.  Anchorage Daily News said we had a 5.7 a few days ago in the Cook Inlet area. My wife was in the L. Clark area this weekend and felt an earthquake Saturday some time.  With 2 boys 7 and 10 in the house it would have to be a 7+ for me to notice.  Many Alaskan earthquakes are pretty deep in the earth, our buildings are built heavy for the cold so it has to be a big shake to do much damage compared to California.  A few years ago there was a pretty big quake in the interior, messed up roads and stuff but people hardly noticed it until they saw the roads.  If it had happened where there was a lot of people it could have been a different story.

Associated with the Cook Inlet quakes, one nearby volcano has been upgraded to code orange.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/667425.htm

Redoubt rumbling prompts volcano alert
By GEORGE BRYSON
gbryson@adn.com
Published: January 25th, 2009 05:25 PM
Last Modified: January 25th, 2009 05:51 PM
New seismic activity at Mount Redoubt increased significantly early Sunday and may be the prelude to an eruption, "perhaps within hours to days," the Alaska Volcano Observatory is reporting.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA