Author Topic: HOW WASHINGTON WORKS  (Read 280 times)

Offline JonnyC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
HOW WASHINGTON WORKS
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:14:37 AM »

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in DC; one from  Illinois ,  one from Tennessee , and a third fromKentucky . They all go with a  White House official to examine thefence.   
The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does somemeasuring, then works some figures with a pencil.  'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 formaterials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, thensays, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my  crewand $100 profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over tothe White House official and whispers, '$2,700.'   The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'   The  Illinois contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you,and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'   'Done!' replies the government official.   And that my friends, is how it all works !
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
Re: HOW WASHINGTON WORKS
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:18:15 AM »
LOL :D...that about sums it up!  Funny story, but it is sad thing is it is true!  Maybe not that exact situation, but that is how it works!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin