Author Topic: Remington bullets  (Read 576 times)

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Remington bullets
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:07:22 AM »
  Does anyone reload using Remington bullets?  I have always been a big Sierra fan. I have an urge to try the Rems. in my new Handi 25-06. Anything good or bad about the Remington bullets? Thank you all for any advice.
                   bobg :-\

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Remington bullets
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 04:42:57 AM »
I have used Rem CL bullets in my 30/06, 308 and 223 for years with good results.  They are accurate and I have never had a deer walk away from one of the 30 caliber ones..

RJ

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 04:48:33 AM »
Does anyone reload using Remington bullets?

Heck Bobby!   :o  You'd do better to ask if there's anybody who DOESN"T use Remington bullets!   ;D

I went through the premium bullet stage just like I went through the maximum velocity stage.  Now, in most cases, the first bullet I go to is a Remington.  I've built up a lot of confidence in the Core-Loks over the years.  Maybe if I were to be going after moose or big bear with my 338/06 or 35 Whelen I would opt for Nosler Partitions, but for everyday shooting and deer hunting, the Rems are hard to beat!   ;)

Geeese!  I wrote a response that sounds like I am actually taking a definite position on something!   :o  I gotta watch myself...  ::)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:40:06 AM »
 Hey AtlLaw. That is a terrible thing to do. To hard to talk your way out of.  ;D. Looks like i will be buying some Remington bullets. :o.  Thank you very much guys. One more thing AtlLaw. I thought for a minute my aunt had come back from the grave. Her and my girlfriend are the only ones who called me Bobby. :o
                  bobg

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 06:23:39 AM »
Her and my girlfriend are the only ones who called me Bobby. :o

Whew!   :o  That was close!  For a minute there I thought you was gonna say I looked like your Aunt!   ;D ;)  At least you didn't say I reminded you of your girlfriend!   :-*
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 07:02:07 AM »
I like 'em.  Ordered 500  .30cal and 500 .224  about a year ago (before the prices went up)   I think the Sierras are slightly more accurrate but for hunting the Rem's fill the bill for me.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 08:18:35 AM »
I bought a 6k lot of the Remington Blems in .224 for the ARs. It's FMJ stuff, and works as good as any for range and cache ammo. Used a lot of Rem bullets back when I was hunting.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Steve P

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:57 AM »
I use a Rem bullets for working up all of my Nosler Partition loads.  I work up the load using the Remingtons then switch to the Nosler Partition.  Saves a  lot of the spendy bullets from going to waste.  Point of impact is almost always within about 1/2" or so. 

Most of my factory loaded hunting loads come out of a Remington box.  I buy very few of anything else unless they are on an exceptional sale.  I wish Remington quality went into their .22LR ammo also.

Steve :)
"Life is a play before an audience of One.  When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"  SP 2002

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 09:47:37 AM »
I prefer Remingtom bullets over all the rest.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »
Yup, been shooting them for YEARS!!  They are usually cheaper then the others as well!!

I'm ascared to think of how many 180 HP 357 bullets have been sent down range thru my barrels over the years. I am just about thru my third or fourth 500 pack.... ::) :o  Just got some 385Gr 500 S&W bullets and the 243 100CL is always a good one!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
+1

When the price is right I stock up.

All things considered, it's hard to beat a Remington core-lockt.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater