Author Topic: Million Gun Owner March, on Washington D.C.  (Read 2141 times)

Offline lrs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Million Gun Owner March, on Washington D.C.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 09:44:18 AM »
Publicity is important.  I think the press, hostile to 2nd amendment, would have an easy time minimizing and downplaying a single event. 
A coordinated 50 state protest, would be much more difficult to downplay.
" we are screwed "

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 10:19:18 AM »
I like others could not attend a march on DC... But I could definately take 1 day off work and march on Jefferson City with a LOT of my friends.  Like others said also, a coordinated 50 state march would draw a lot more people.

I like the sound of the Million Musket March...

Just something to consider.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 12:41:28 PM »
Totally agree with the 50 state march. Much bigger turnout of people. And numbers is the name of the game. Although a holiday like 4th of July or Memorial Day sounds good, and I'm not against doing that, if you could do it on a Friday or a Monday, would cause much more comotion. Gov't office's are closed on weekends, and especially holidays. Put 5,000 or 10,000 people in a state capital on a working Friday, and screw up traffic and create a real scene, much more media attention. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
Totally agree with the 50 state march. Much bigger turnout of people. And numbers is the name of the game. Although a holiday like 4th of July or Memorial Day sounds good, and I'm not against doing that, if you could do it on a Friday or a Monday, would cause much more comotion. Gov't office's are closed on weekends, and especially holidays. Put 5,000 or 10,000 people in a state capital on a working Friday, and screw up traffic and create a real scene, much more media attention. gypsyman

+1

Also, the statement was made to the effect "What good is it to march on the state capitals when it is federal laws that we are opposing?".  Need I remind you that it is our state senators who vote on those laws and we are the ones that send our state senators to Washington.  I imagine your state senator would take notice if a several thousand people showed up at the state capital with the same agenda.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
what  is the  big  deal??

50 state capitals or  51  including  DC

those  that can go to  DC  do it
those that can't  hit the state capital
and  if you can't make  that show  your support at city hall or county seat

even  just sit out in  your front yard

just pick a day........i like the  4Th of July
but  then  i forgot  too  many people  cooking  out  and  drinking
they  have  more important things to do
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 06:40:42 PM »
I would love to see everyone go armed, and have good rank and file leadership.

You're about as confused as anyone I've met on the internet or anywhere else.

On one hand, you all up and running about making sure the federal governemnt is guarenteed the ability to enact conscription to bolster the strength of the military.

Then,..in other threads, you go to great lengths in detailing how to combat the federal government's military when it arrives at your door to deprive you of your firearms and other liberties.

Someday,...you're gonna have to decide whether you're a fascist or a patriot.

You can't be both, guy.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 12:55:04 AM »
How about if those whos states are bad on gun control, they march on their state capitals, and those whos states are good on gun ownership, they try to go to Washington.  That way we get more  visibility. 

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 01:48:46 AM »
Make it a matter of State's Rights and hold the marches in each state capitol on the same day.  Tell the NRA to get off thier collective asses and organize the dang things.  Make the focus one of State's Rights and limitations on the federal government.  Local marches and activities get much better press coverage than dc papers would provide and the sheer volume of local and state (capitol ) press coverage carries a much louder message than the limp wristed lib rags in dc.  When local papers report 'hundreds of thousands or thousands' marching in each capitol city to advocate  2nd Amendment rights, gun ownership, cross state reciprocity, and a limit to the federal government intruding into state Constitutional authority those papers will scream that message across the country (they have to, because we support those newspapers and if they don't support us we will buy someone else's papers that do -plain and simple economics).  Hell, we can close down a local newspaper faster than d'obama can. Those papers that list the state capitols that held these marches and give an indication of the sheer volume of participants will be read in much greater detail than if the same size march was held in dc. 

Please do not forget what most of us said about the million man march - 'why aren't they out working' - we would get the same thing from the dc papers if we tried squattin' in dc - 'sides, you can get worse than cooties in the public toilets in dc.....so ya may not wanna go there..... And let's not forget that a 'march' is considered a protest and the people who protest the loudest in this country are the ones who want the most - they are the ones who 'march' at the nation's capitol to protest what they feel they do not have.  We should take the opposite approach and 'martial our forces' at the State Capitol to demand a end to what we have too much of - federal intrusion into State rights and too many laws, regulations and restrictions.  Here we demand our directly elected political representation take the action we want them to take (see above) - this is much more effective than saying 'wait for the next presidential election and then we'll show ya' because local politicians have to deal with us every day.

We are heard much more loudly at the local level.  If we pull a obama and have crowds of people at each (anti-gun) politicians office demanding answers and limitations on federal intrusion (and etc.,) we are heard much better than at the federal level if we marched in dc.  In dc they would just drag out all the riot cops and fed-nazis and pretend we were never there.  But, if we march in each state capitol we can button hole all the politicians at the same time and make our demands heard much more effectively.  Remember, it is at the local level where the politicians have to deal with us/see us/hear us every day this is where our actions are most effective. 

One other message this can take to the obama government is this:  You are an agent of the sovereign states of the United States of America and you will act on our behalf, not that of your own.  We will no longer tolerate your intrusion into our rights under our State Constitutions and will not tolerate any new laws or restrictions on any of our rights.  jmtcw.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 02:00:13 AM »
"Then,..in other threads, you go to great lengths in detailing how to combat the federal government's military when it arrives at your door to deprive you of your firearms and other liberties."

Obviously you have very poor reading comprehension. I think I have made the point that when they arrive at your door it's too late.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 03:43:10 AM »
the  4TH of July  is a holliday  so no one can say  they should be working

protesting  in a gun friendly state  will  more  likely get  good press reviews

and  more favoreable interviews

AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 04:32:51 AM »
My views on the matter are based more on press coverage than anything else.  50 states showing a peaceful convergence of gun owners on the state capital will produce more media outlets, Local TV, Local newspapers, local radio ect.  That much attention could in turn spawn more national media coverage.

Just something to think about.  Gotta look at the big picture.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Ruskin

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 07:39:07 AM »
Because of the cost and logistics, more would be able to do their state capitol.  Let those that are near to DC take that on. 

I know there are states that are more friendly to guns; however, after the election, I believe the wackos will come out and start introducing anti-gun bills in all our state legislations.

In Florida, after the Tally rally things went quiest.  I believe the camel will try to get his nose into the tent.  Isn't that CHANGE?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
I'm not sure peace is the way. We been trying to make peace with wrong for all these years and all it has led to is a slow erosion of our rights.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »
Yeah...lets barge into the state capitals fully armed... great idea!

The idea behind a peaceful oranized march is to show the feds how many people are stading up for their rights... how many 50 million man marches have you seen in your day billy?

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »
It's got my vote.
" we are screwed "

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »
Kids today we gotta love em.

I'm sure I have seen as many as everyone else.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2009, 01:46:39 PM »
My wife and I will make the 3,000 mile trip to go on this march.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »
Billy... are you related to Bill Clinton?

Isn't that kinda like one of those "that depends on what the definition of "is" is?"

Offline jager

• Contributor
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2009, 03:33:24 PM »
   How about an "in state" demonstration held on the same date and time in all 50 states while coordinating a "google earth" shot of all the people crowding every state's capitol" steps "en mass?"  A live "streaming" picture, via one of our "web master" guru's "conduits", directly to the White House and Capitol (while in session) might have a remarkable effect on those who are suppose to represent us. If our politicians make the connection that every person represented is a voter with a firearm they might understand that our "Founders" envisioned a time in our nation's future where politicians would try to "override" the will of the people and gave us the 2nd Amendment to ensure we could take back that which is ours when and if ever necessary.
    I think the amount of people at the state level would "eclipse" any of the "million man" marches ever published by the "propaganda news service".  We could make the "demo" by Laraza look like a minor "photo op" in comparison.  "Liberals", who think that the 2nd Amendment is only for the state "militia", might rethink who comprise the "real" militia.  I'm sure Fox News would run it even if CNN or PMSNBC would not. I'm sure our NRA local chapters and 2nd Amendment Foundation members would help to organize transportation and the demonstrations signs that could be seen from "outer space", and the NRA at the national level could advertise our efforts.
   Either case, I'd gladly join a march on the state or on our nation's capitol with those on this forum and others. I do think we'd have a much bigger impact on our politicians by a larger state turnout where we have some state governors and legislators who might have a "new" understanding of how hard it might be to enforce "bad" federal policies on so many "lawfully, armed" citizens.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2009, 03:43:37 PM »
Billy... are you related to Bill Clinton?

Isn't that kinda like one of those "that depends on what the definition of "is" is?"
SS. I no longer care to hear what you have to say. You speak like you are above all but I would like to point out to the folks on this forum your feedback rating. You have only had 3 deals here and 1 fell through for lack of payment. Seems you do not keep your word. I am tired of you and will not hear anymore of you. Grow up a little. It is easy to speak like an adult but another to be one. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2009, 07:21:30 PM »
Gee dale, Way to go completely off topic...

As far as my status as an adult, I can argue that statement as I am no the one who has completely went off topic to try and discredit my reputation.  Does it bother me that I have 1 neutral status for lack of payment?  Not really.  I never received any items and I am not in debt to anyone on this forum, nor have I committed any type of fraud.  Deals fall through everyday.  I've traded 2x on this forum.  The one deal I made went absolutely flawlessly.  But that only concerns you if you are interesting in buying or trading from me.

I really feel that the way everybody has torn into you for your childish behaviour on another thread is cause for this posting.  Grow the hell up Dale.  And to anyone that would like to see Dales behaviour here it is.  Very, Very childish

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,163952.0.html

Now lets all grow up and get back on topic.  Billy posted his opinion, and I disagreed with it.  It happens on a daily basis, but Billy is indeed entitled to said opinion.  I do believe that we were discussing an organized gathering to display our second amendment rights in our state or national capital (s)

-Sambo

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 03:33:51 AM »
The web site is up and running, They are gonna do state capitails as well as the national. And others if you can help organize it, Give it a look and stop bickering, We need to work together on this. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 04:12:33 AM »
My wife and I will make the 3,000 mile trip to go on this march.
WE NEED  MORE LIKE  YOU
===========================================================

sam is a good  guy  but he is fun  to get him  going
i  enjoy  the arguments  and don't think anyone should take any thing too  serious
to place another member  on   ignore  is YOUR  loss 

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »
to place another member  on   ignore  is YOUR  loss 

Couldn't agree more 45/70... Lets focus on making our second amendment rights safe while we still can guys.  I'll get with our local Friends of the NRA chapter to see what we can get going.

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
I know.
But don't we have a bigger responsibility? 

We should, but most people look out for numero uno and to hell with the rest of the world. 

Heather

Well said. Its all about number one here in this country. not how it should be but thats how it is. Growing up poor it is about number 1 but not in every situation. Family and friends come before me any time. But as far as other when it comes to eating its about numero uno and who uno has to feed.   I think that if 1 million gun owners were to show up in DC with guns it might bring out a a war. We have a black presidnt. The fear that he will be killed is increased 100 times if not more. when a million ppl show up with guns expect retaliation in this ignorrant country.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 10:25:33 AM »
I know a lot of people here in the U.S. seem to be lazy, dumbed down, irresponsible fools  And it seems that these are the ones that get the most attention.
But that is not true of all Americans.
" we are screwed "

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 10:42:52 AM »
why not march to the polls next time and vote for the canidate that protects our gun rights ? 50 million votes would make our point !
Or 50 million stop supporting products that sponsor left wing ideals . Or 50 million votes for those that put God back in places he has been shut out . 50 million drop HBO talk about a wake up call , think they would take off porn ?
This ain't some warm fuzzy walk-a-thon its survival of our rights and freedom . We abuse our freedon in a fit of madness to prove we are free instead of protecting it . Get off your azz and vote !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2009, 11:30:59 AM »
Didn't we try that?   :-\

Offline Ruskin

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2009, 11:35:19 AM »
Aren't we talking about a premptive shot across the bow?  If we wait, then they will be ahead of us getting out of the gate, and we will play catch up.  If we are late, we will have to struggle to get back what we gained in the last few years.  It was quiet on the home front; however, don't think the enemy was dealt a death blow in the past few years.  They will come back with a vengence in the next 4 years.  Maybe Holder is now in Justice because Reno wasn't available.