Author Topic: Any info. or opinions on the new Millett 6-25x56 Buck Gold 30mm Riflescope?  (Read 434 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
I was wondering if any of you own this new scope by Millet or have an opinion on it? Looks like a pretty nice scope for the money. When I get a new Remington 700 SPS Varmint 22-250 or a 243 I would consider putting this on top. This would be my new Groundhog rifle. I have taken several Groundhogs out to 500 yards. The only thing I am not crazy about with this scope is the 56 MM objective lens. It seems kind of big and bulky to me. I can't find any reviews on it anywhere so I just want your opinion on this scope. Thanks Dale

http://www.swfa.com/pc-10709-1526-millett-6-25x56-buck-gold-30mm-riflescope.aspx
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
My advice on scopes is to ALWAYS stick with someone who is actually in the scope business and has shown they plan to remain in the business. Folks like Millett and many others jump on the "made in china" optics for awhile and sell them out at what look like good prices often promising life time warranties but then when the junk starts coming in for repair they drop them and move on back to their core business.

I know at least a half dozen or more big well known companies now who've done this. Stay with optics from someone who is comitted to the scope business. In my opinion Millett is not.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Good point and good to know. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!