Author Topic: You be the Judge.............  (Read 757 times)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
You be the Judge.............
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:33:11 AM »
Headlines 4 Years Ago:

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops die

in unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, Ordinary Americans get the shaft"

Headlines Today:

"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $150 million"

"Obama Spends $150 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"

Offline SM Outdoors

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: You be the Judge.............
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:41:54 AM »
I cannot for the life of me understand how as a nation we stand by and let this happen.
I had the misfortune of being born and raised in the land of the liberals(I stick out like a sore thumb up here) and even I cannot find anyone that supports this kind of gross misallocation of resources!!!!
How do we have a nation full of people that do not like their country's situation and still have the moral majority outwitted every dang election?????
Blessed be the lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war,
and my fingers to fight.
Psalm 144:1

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:53:56 AM »
Untill we clean house in Congress it will never change.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:00:39 AM »
I no just by saying this I am asking for it. But i was raised democrat. But as far as obama goes. He is a man of the people...../sarcasm lol. He spends not 150 million but 170 million on a innaguration. which is ultimatly a big party. We have people starving and people loosing thier jobs by the thousands. He could have put that money in a better place. So far his choices as president are not so hot. You are correct about bushes 40million dollar innaug. That was the most expensive ever until now. Everyone made a big deal out of bushes 40 million(which was still outragous). But people over look obamas 170 million dollar. Its obscene. This guys first big teleavision interview was with a arabic( i may be wrong about the nationatly) country. Not us. So far this democrat is not an obama fan.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 08:13:27 AM »
Raised democrat or not, with that kind of thinking you won't get bashed much on here, that's for sure!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 08:32:51 AM »
"I cannot for the life of me understand how as a nation we stand by and let this happen."

I'm not trying to intentionally be a d-bag about that statement, but what have you you personally done to prevent this? 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline SM Outdoors

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:39:34 AM »
"I cannot for the life of me understand how as a nation we stand by and let this happen."

I'm not trying to intentionally be a d-bag about that statement, but what have you you personally done to prevent this? 
No problem Slingshot I am constantly making the very same statement ;)
I am one of those annoying people you see with signs outside voting places, call your home from the phone banks while you are eating dinner or sitting at the reloading bench as well as last November I personally spent $685 to run a 1/4 page ad in our paper begging the local population to vote a more conservative thought process.
I too subscribe to the philosophy, either do something about it or dont beach... I did enough to complain.
and my fingers to fight.

Offline damascus-doug

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »
SM...you have done what most people only say they should do.  I commend you for it.  I agree with you that more of this needs to be done.  This country has sat back and let the principles that it was founded under go away one by one.  In my opinion, the people have let one thing go in hopes of keeping another thing only to see it be taken. 

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 04:09:54 AM »
I too subscribe to the philosophy, either do something about it or dont beach... I did enough to complain.

LOL! Well put sir!... I like to hold people to those kinds of statements  ;)

BTW, While I didn't take out any ads in the local paper, I constantly get letters from my state reps, senators, congressmen, and governor about their votes and why they have.  I like to let them know how i feel ;D
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 04:17:15 AM »
Headlines 4 Years Ago:

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops die

in unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, Ordinary Americans get the shaft"

Headlines Today:

"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $150 million"

"Obama Spends $150 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"

Land_Owner, given the circumstances they look like matching bookends to me. Dollar figures are not relevant in either case. Just demonstrative of their mindset.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 05:19:02 AM »
IMO it just shows how the media can spin something any way they want.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »
IMO it just shows how the media can spin something any way they want.

Heather
So true look at vietnam.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline SM Outdoors

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:34 AM »

LOL! Well put sir!... I like to hold people to those kinds of statements  ;)

BTW, While I didn't take out any ads in the local paper, I constantly get letters from my state reps, senators, congressmen, and governor about their votes and why they have.  I like to let them know how i feel ;D
Just once I would like to be a fly on the wall in some REPS office when they read my response's to their inquiries..... Ever seen a grown man blush!!!!
and my fingers to fight.

Offline SM Outdoors

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 09:22:08 AM »
SM...you have done what most people only say they should do.  I commend you for it.  I agree with you that more of this needs to be done.  This country has sat back and let the principles that it was founded under go away one by one.  In my opinion, the people have let one thing go in hopes of keeping another thing only to see it be taken. 
Every time I stand on hold for some elected official on the phone or write a letter, I get the same feeling as most "this wont do any good" then I have to force myself to think about how much I will hear it from the wife if I ever complained again so I keep on keepin on!!!! I know they probly dont care but then hey they did something that ruined my day let me return the favor!
and my fingers to fight.

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 09:25:15 AM »
Every time I stand on hold for some elected official on the phone or write a letter, I get the same feeling as most "this wont do any good" then I have to force myself to think about how much I will hear it from the wife if I ever complained again so I keep on keepin on!!!! I know they probly dont care but then hey they did something that ruined my day let me return the favor!

Sounds like a good woman.