Author Topic: Tearful reunion  (Read 321 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Tearful reunion
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
I was able to find a man who had helped me greatly over twenty years ago, and who has been a great influence on me. I had tried to find him with a variety of methods, including the internet. I finally found contact info on him via a professional networking site and sent him a message. He just called me this evening and we had a great chat. I am very grateful for the internet for helping me make this connection.
Safety first

Offline victorcharlie

Re: Tearful reunion
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »
Is this an Al Gore post?
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:33:07 PM »
I know what you mean. It is good to be able to stay in contact with those you respect and admire.
I am most happy that you were able too find him and renew a relationship.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
My father recently reunited with a long lost army buddy.  My brother is a truck driver in TX and was in the town where my dad's army friend used to live.  My brother got out a phone book at a truck stop and looked the gentleman up.  They talked for a while and he told my brother stories about my dad in his army days.  Later he called my dad up and they talked on the phone for about 3 hours.  That was one of the neatest things i've ever witnessed.  He is supposed to come up this spring for a visit. 

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 10:28:36 AM »
It is truly amazing who you may run across on the net.  Recently while checking some information on my grandfather I ran across a question someone had posted inquiring about him.  I responded to the request and found a cousin I had not seen in 50 years.  Her father, my Mother’s brother, was a WW II vet and survivor of the attack on Pearl Harbor.  He was a Gunners Mate on the Arizona.  After the war started he was reaSSIGNED to Australia, married a girl there, and settled in Perth when the war was over.  He and his family did not make many visits back to the states, my Mom kept in touch by letter and an occasional phone call but after she and the uncle passed away we kinda lost touch.  Anyway, she and I struck up a friendship and have communicated about family on a regular basis since finding each other.  Maybe……if all goes well we can pay her a visit sometime in the future, she and her family are planning a trip to the states for a family reunion this fall.