Author Topic: savage mount  (Read 407 times)

Offline jls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
savage mount
« on: April 26, 2009, 11:49:17 PM »
I need some input on what is availible in picatinney rails for a long action savage. all my scopes  at hand have short tubes and wont make the stretch between 2 pc. bases. I thought Badger might have something but I'am not certain about about anyone else. Anyone using one now?
Deceased due to a 3rd stroke on Dec. 12, 2011.

RIP John.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
Re: savage mount
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:07:15 AM »
I have used a one piece mount on a short action Stevens. The ones I have listed are for the long action with a rounded top at the rear of the action. There are several that are listed, I used the cheapy B-Square mount. It works fine, but I might try the EGW a nice compromise between expense and quality. Of course there is the Badger Ordinance too - just a little more more money :o. If you have the flat top rear action, you just have to search for it, look under optics and walk your way through. Good Luck and Good Shooting

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=10&categoryId=14375&categoryString=657***8705***11689***14356***
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline jls

• Avid Poster
Re: savage mount
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:01:09 AM »
thanxs LaOtto! looks like midway offers the mount I'am looking for. mine has the square bridge in back. :-\
Deceased due to a 3rd stroke on Dec. 12, 2011.

RIP John.