Author Topic: Chalk one up for the good guys.  (Read 560 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Chalk one up for the good guys.
« on: February 19, 2009, 06:17:24 AM »
Chalk one up for the good guys. This happened this morning in Pittsburgh. I have done a lot of work in this neighborhood in the past. It sure takes a set of big ones to carry out a home invasion. In this case a cop shot and killed the intruder but just think if it was one of us that are armed. This is another reason Heather needs to learn to shoot. Dale

Allegheny County Police are at the scene of a "vicious attack" in Duquesne that ended in a man's shooting death.

Police investigators believe the victim, identified only as a black man, broke into a home in the 600 block of South 5th Street just before 9 a.m., said County Police Assistant Superintendent James Morton.

"If you look at the house, the front door is ripped open, a window is broken, and clearly a very vicious attack happened here," Morton said.
A female resident of the home escaped and ran across the street to a neighbor's house to call 911, Morton said. She was not injured, he said.

Police responded and there was a "very violent altercation" inside the home that ended with the shooting death of the suspect, Morton said.

Morton could not say whether the suspect fought with police or with another occupant of the home.

"We haven't sorted that out yet," he said.

Dispatchers initially indicated that an officer had been injured, but Morton declined to confirm or deny that.

Investigators don't know if the suspect knew the residents of the home.

A curtain billowed from a broken window on the second floor of the three-story house this morning, and the entrance's screen door was hanging on its hinges.

Police-forensic and medical-examiner officials roped off an area in front of the house and were interviewing neighbors and witnesses.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_612474.html

The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Ron/Pa.

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Chalk one up for the good guys.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 06:37:38 AM »
 Yes, a good reason to learn to shoot. I live about 6o miles North of P`burgh. Just about everyday there are news stories about shootings there. In my area there are a lot of Amish. A few months ago a couple bad guys , in broad daylight, went into one of their homes and demanded money. Some was given but they weren`t satisfied. They held the young Wife at gunpoint while the Hubby scrounged up more. They were never caught. Me, I have my Ruger with me at all times and yes, my Wife can shoot it.....

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:36:59 AM »
I agree a good reason to shoot. Like you guys shooting are very common around were I live.(cleveland city not a suberb). Im not the greatest shot in the world but i can hold my own. My Fiance doesnt know how to shoot. But she is intrested in learning. She is however scared to shoot my guns. So im going to buy her a 28GA. or a .22. She is only 20 and cant have a handgun yet unless its gifted to her. And both her parents have felonys. She is intrested in getting her CCW liscense. So when she turns 21 she will have a pistol.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:06:35 AM »

Police investigators believe the victim, identified only as a black man, broke into a home in the 600 block of South 5th Street just before 9 a.m., said County Police Assistant Superintendent James Morton.

This p&^^%s me off. Why isn't he the suspect? If he is the "victim", does that make the LEO the "suspect"? 
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »

This p&^^%s me off. Why isn't he the suspect? If he is the "victim", does that make the LEO the "suspect"? 
I did not catch that!!!!!!! :o This black guy was obviously a scumbag and got killed being a scumbag. The guy had no business being in that house in the first place. That is kind of like if someone breaks into your house and you shoot him but not kill him. He then later sues you for shooting him. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 09:01:07 AM »
Thats why you shoot to kill if your going to shoot at all...  :-\
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
Good Advice. :)
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »

The way I hear it dead men tell no tales.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 02:01:33 AM »

The way I hear it dead men tell no tales.

Heather
LOL.

Offline squirrellluck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »
Always better to have only 1 side to a story. My side!