Author Topic: One of those stories in your family that you don't know is true or not  (Read 576 times)

Offline JimFromTN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
I was just wondering if anyone else has one of those stories about someone in your family which is kind of outragous so your not really sure if its really true.

I have several in my family.  The one that comes to mind is about my grandfather on my mother's side.  He lived in Williamsport, PA and was a big deer hunter.  He helped start a deer hunting camp in the area that I believe is still go strong today.  My grandfather was a small man.  He was about 5'4'' tall and weighed around 130 lbs.  Anyway, he went out hunting one morning and shot a really nice buck.  He walked up to the deer and layed his rifle down and as he bent over the deer, the deer openned its eye and got up and took off running.  Apparently, as the deer got up, it caught its antlers on my grandfathers pants and drug him thru the woods for about a 100 yds or more before my grandfather was able to free himself from the deer.  I never heard my grandfather tell the story before he died.  Some say its because he was too embarrassed.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Nope...can't think of any myself
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:57:54 AM »
A lot of bizzare and amazing things happen in Nature.  Truth is Stranger than Fiction is how someone else coined it.  Urban Legend is another term.  I have to think on this topic for a while.  None come to mind right away.

I do have a few personal humorous or embarassing stories of my own.  Each of us has one to a dozen of those.  But I don't think that fits the topic.