Author Topic: Schnapps gun ?? anyone have or Know of these,or a PUB where I can shoot  (Read 252 times)

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
Years ago a guy on the Job invited me over for a game of Pool and a few Cold ones
Knowing I like Guns he shows me his Beautiful Collection Best I've ever been that close too
In his Collection he had a Rifle that shot Small Darts Similar to the standard 22 cal dart but Heavier
they where in Sets of different Colors
He explained that in ( I think) England they shot these in PUBs for Schnapps Hence the Name Schnapps Gun
and it was a very Collectible Gun ? ? ?
This Gun was very long and looked like a Mannlicher style the Barrel and chamber was only 10inchs
To load you would break the Barrel set the Dart and Put in a Cap close and Shoot
He told me is was a Very Popular sport in its day but was Fading fast
All of the above is from a Man with a Awful Memory but I have thought of this thing on and Off for Years
Any help ??
 I even tried to contact Him lol
Thanks for Reading my Terrible English

Offline Westbound

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
I've never heard of one, but it sounds like a blast to shoot!
I might need to find a couple and talk to the manager of the local beer joint  ;D

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
I think the same as you  ;D he said they where very short shooting as in Distance and If I remember right they where hard to sight do to the short up front barrel
If this make sense think of a Beeman Air rifle but only the First 8 to 10 inch's re barrel
the fire Pin (in my mind ) must have been 20 inch's LOL
I did a Google search and found Zero

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
you got me on this one too,
never seen one. Gotta' research it now though.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".