Author Topic: POOR TREATMENT OF US FIGHTING MEN  (Read 803 times)

Offline JonnyC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
POOR TREATMENT OF US FIGHTING MEN
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:12:50 PM »
I just finished watching the History Channel. They showed how badly the Black man was treated after returning home after WW2. What a sad time in American History.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Re: POOR TREATMENT OF US FIGHTING MEN
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
Yes it is.

Our country repeated this poor treatment of soilders returning from war after vietnam. Thanks to the Liberals.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »
Our country repeated this poor treatment of soilders returning from war after vietnam. Thanks to the Liberals.

Yep, tell me about it.  Knocked a guy on his butt in LA International.  BTW, the liberals are not the only ones who have treated us veterans shabbily. 

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »
yOU CAN'T BLAME THE LIBERALS FOR EVERYTHING- iT WASN'T THE LIBERALS WHO MISTREATED THE RETURNING BLACKS AFTER WW2. aND THE CONSERVATIVES WERE UPSET WITH THE VIET NAM VETS BECAUSE " THEY LOST THE WAR."
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »
You implied it yourself that it was racisiam after WW2. Even the Liberals were racisit against blacks back then. After Vietnam it was the Liberals by them themselves.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Skunk

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »
aND THE CONSERVATIVES WERE UPSET WITH THE VIET NAM VETS BECAUSE " THEY LOST THE WAR."

Jonny, I don't totally agree with that. I can't deny that some Conservatives probably took it out on our brave troops, but it was the libtard radical dopes, that really pushed the hate. Either way, it sure wasn't the troops that deserved it. The only thing they were guilty of is defending our country and trying to stop the spread of communism.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »
I'm not excluding the liberals- the point is these men fought for our country and were discrinminated against upon their return. BOTH SIDES ARE GUILTY. One of the most shameful things was that the German POW'S were able to eat in places in Tuskegee Alabama,that the American Black military were not allowed. What a sad and shameful time in our history.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »
Anything coming from a liberal is very likley to be a lie.

The liberal scum was out in force spitting on the Viet Nam vets when they came home. THe liberal scum is the ones who want the minorities to be kept down, heck they make thier living off the backs of the poor and unfotunate. If thier were no victims in this country the liberla scum would lose most of their support.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »
No true service men or women should be treated in any way except with the upmost respect.
They were only doing their job and defending our country making it possible for all of us to live in a safe and free country.
Those that chose to show disrespect should be on their knees thanking our brave young men & women, if for nothing else than their second amendment rights.
Even if they did not agree with the reason our military was fighting.
Those like Hanoi Jane and her kind should have been arrested for trision.
AWH YES, we still remember her!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »
I know of the racisim and mistreatment of the Black U.S Soldiers of not only WWII but WWI. That was a shame and a dishonor we as Americans will have to bear. However, I personaly know of the treatment of all US soldiers Black White and Brown upon their return from 'Nam. That was 99% anti war Jane Fonda the Traitor types.

My uncle told me that upon landing in the Phillipines with the 1st Cav he was running up the beach scared as hell and looked up when a Black Sargent yelled at him "What the hell is the matter with you White Boy? You Scared?" That Black Man was the son of the old black mammy that raised my uncle, my mother and all the other brothers of that family.

That Black Man landed with the first wave and was assigned to move ammo up to the front lines. He had just returned for more ammo when he saw my uncle.

That is quite a coincidence yet believe it or not the place they landed carried the same name as their hometown the place where both were born. It was a place called BUNA and they were both born and raised in BUNA, TEXAS.

My uncle died a few years ago of cancer and Mr. Buddy Woodbury a true BLACK MAN died about two or three years ago. I regret that I did not get a chance to visit with him before he died. He was as Black as the darkest Black you ever saw. I truely respected him and I miss him as well as my uncle to this day.

My uncle never let me make racist remarks or other cruel jestures. I worked with botrh he and Buddy for many years. My uncle told me that any man who would enter a battle zone and risk his life for his white fellow soldiers aas well as his country deserves all our respect. My uncle told me that wherever he went Buddy and all the other Black Men would be bringing in suppies under fire and taking part in the elimination of the Japs. Many of them died giving his machine guns fresh AMMO. My uncle was wounded very severly in Manila freeing the Prison in the City of POWS and Nurses. He was machined guned and shot 9 times from the ankle to the tip of his right shoulder. The Jap gunner laid into him as he was laying on the ground seeking cover.

Four men removed him from the field of fire two WHITE MEN one of which was his brother in law, the other was a young childhood friend that had gone to school as well as war with him. The other two were BLACK MEN, Buddy a childhood playmate that had grown up with him and fate has placed on the battlefield together. The other a BLACK MAN from North Carolina that my uncle tried to go and visit every year or two and always he went with Buddy.

My uncle who was no stranger to racisism taught me a lot about the ignorance of it. He said it took a war and almost losing his life to understand that a BLACK MAN is as brave as any White and that they will fight and die for their fellow soldiers the same as any White.

I learned in Nam that the next soldiers Color does not matter when your ass is about to be wacked, the only thing that matters is that he will fight to save your ass and you will fight to save his. Thats the way it is and always has been.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
Yea that is a great story for sure. Now on a bigger scale. We all know the world is racist and in time of war color dose not matter. Now let me ask you ( I am pretty sure this will never happen ) this. If our world ( Earth ) were invaded by some aliens from outer space do you think all racisim here on Earth could be put aside to battle them? I would think even the Muslims would fight along side the Americans in this case. Let me say this though, if we won the Muslims would go right back to fighting us. Yea we may have saved the world together but they are going to look at us as we did the colored people before WWII. I don't know does this make sense?  ::)Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:12 PM »
Red,   That's quite a story. That's the way men should behave, and I bet there are lots of stories like that that we don't hear about, we only hear the bad stuff.

Do you know whether these guys were a guard unit per chance? Maybe it wasn't a huge coincidence that they bumped into each other on the beach, maybe they went over together.  I was a pretty lonely guy in the real Army. Seems like the whole time I was in I was the only country bumpkin surrounded by city dudes, and we didn't have much in common. I kind of took up with an Indian kid from Pine Ridge while I was in Nam because he was another bumpkin.

After I left the Army I joined the Guard because it was a good second job and I needed the dough. What I found was that the Guard was much more enjoyable than the Army because I was amongst my own kind. These were the kind of men I would have much rather been in combat with. I think the new concept of actually using the National Guard in wartime is good. Hard on communities maybe when all the men leave at once, but then again there is commonality when one wife is hurting but she isn't hurting alone there are more like her in town.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 06:08:40 PM »
Who knows Dale?

That could be fun.
I can see it now,
You earthlings with your primitive weapons are no match for us,
About that time one of his alien buddys takes a round from a 45-70 and all you can hear is SPLAT, and the leader says "WHAT THE HE@8 WAS THAT"!!! :D

Then from back in the bushes a yell comes out "OK BOYS, IT'S TIME TO PLAY COWBOYS AND ALIENS"  :D ;D

More AMMO!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 06:20:18 PM »
Who knows Dale?

That could be fun.
I can see it now,
You earthlings with your primitive weapons are no match for us,
About that time one of his alien buddys takes a round from a 45-70 and all you can hear is SPLAT, and the leader says "WHAT THE HE@8 WAS THAT"!!! :D

Then from back in the bushes a yell comes out "OK BOYS, IT'S TIME TO PLAY COWBOYS AND ALIENS"  :D ;D

More AMMO!!

LONGTOM
Now thats funny.  ;D ;D Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 06:15:59 AM »
The story i told was true and meant to point out that bravery or loyalty to country and fellow soldiers is not hindered by color or creed. One that serves never questions the color of the man in the foxhole with him.

To another question my uncle and most of his childhood friends enlisted together in the US Army as Calvarymen. They were permitted at that time, as in all branches of service, to request and in most cases be granted the right to serve together. This practice was severly limited after the loss of the "Sullivan Brothers" all aboard the same ship during WWII.

My uncle, his brother in law,and two 1st cousins were all assigned to the 1st Calvary Division, 5th Regiment. They served all as machine gunners my uncle was a sargent as well as his brother in law. They were each in charge of one .50 cal along with two .30 cal machine guns with the cousins serving as gunners under each. They went to Ft. Sam Houston Texas for boot camp together, were assigned their horses and then were shipped with their horses by train to California.  Yes, they were sent to war as a horseback Calvary Unit the same as it was in the Civil War. They were put aboard ship their horses aboard another and were shipped to Austrailia for 6 months training. I can not remember if the horses never arrived in Austrailia or after the training there they were taken from them.

He said the mules and pack horses were taken to the Phillipines with them but their personal mounts were never seen again.

A further comment about the Units being permitted to be manned by childhood buddys, brothers and other relatives..my uncle as well as the others that I talked to stated that they felt it was the best thing for the service. Men that had grown up together, some direct kin, had already bonded together and had loyalties to one another. They had all commented to me that the worst fear they had was that they would show cowardice in the battle and their own would live to tell about it. They seemed to all have this vivid memory that they would never let their own flesh and blood or family friend face death alone.

I have talke to many servicemen of all wars since WWI and they all had that common thought of the ones that they had bonded closely with. They only time you start seeing any difference is with replacements, men that just showed up and the men did not know. They did not want to know them as the pain was too much if they were killed.

In Nam one of the biggest mistakes we made was the 1 year rotation, it left a big hole in the bonding time of the soldiers in the field. Not always but it made it very difficult for the soldiers to be willing to die for a guy that just arrived and they themselves were rotating out in a month or two.

I have talked to many that really did not like the 1 year  rotation they felt it should have been six months. For comparison my uncle as all others were in for the duration of the war. Also, being wounded did not send you home nor did a death in the family. During the war my uncle was twice wounded by grenades, after digging out the shapnel on both occasions they gave him a few days and back to the front lines he went. His mother died, my grandmother, he said a Captian sent a runner to his position to tell him the bad news. When the fight for an airport was over he requested leave to go home and it was refused.

He never forgave the Army for that, however, it is understood by him. The father of a friend of mine was in the Marines during WWII he served in virtually every campain wounded three seperate times the last on Iwo Jima. He entered service just after Pearl Harbor and was discharged in December 1945.

It is not talked about, just how much sacrifice was required of all during WWII. One can not belittle a man who served a year and had several engagements with the enemy. However, when placed along the records of the old men you see today that served in one battle after another for 3 to 5 years they have no complaint.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 07:27:43 AM »
Also being committed till the war was over gave them a great incentive to kick butt so the thing would be over with.

You have a misconception about being sent home from wounds during Viet Nam though. One of the guys in my squad was a magnet. If there was anything flying around, he caught it. I think he had 4 or 5 purple hearts. It wasn't like he was a John Wayne type either He was one of those guys you see pictures of lying behind the berm, holding his rifle over his head with his finger on the trigger.

Offline Questor

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 09:06:40 AM »
They may have highlighted blacks, but veterans in general get no particular advantages on return to civilian life.
Safety first

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
In my talks to many WWII, Korean War, and othe Vietnam Vets most wanted no real favor they wanted to forget the horrors they had seen and participated in.

However, upon return the WWII as well as Korean Vets returned to lost jobs and they thought they would be placed right back into them. That did not happen however many were able to use GI Bill for education to further there lives.

The Vietnam Vets came home arriving mostly California to crowds of protester scumbags that called them "Baby Killers" and "Murderers" that resulted in many a man and women that served their country with honor to question his very soul. It was such a disgrace and shame to have these traitors and yellow FONDA types do this to the young men and women who served and sacrificed with honor.

I hope and pray each day since I came back that each and every one of them face a terrible and slow death for their actions. I will never forgive nor forget.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 05:38:22 AM »
Were you actually mistreated Red? When I returned I never saw any of it, but then I just got on a plane and went back to Wyoming. Some of my friends treated me strangely when I got back, but I think they may have bought into the popular stupidity of the time and were ashamed of themselves.

Another factor may have been that I returned after Kent State and I have always held the theory that a lot of the worst of the coward skumbags crawled back into the holes they came out of when there was a slight possibility of danger to themselves. It seemed to me that most of the demonstrations went away after a couple of the kiddies died. The press tried to keep the whole thing going, but it was dead after that.

You know I have never thought of myself bitter over the Viet Nam experience, but now when I get a chance to vent I find out that I really do resent what went on then. That may be why I have a pretty deep hatred of liberals. I don't see them as just having a different opinion, I see them as totally self centered and not caring one whit about the country or future generations.

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
When i came back in country in California protesters were lined up screaming and holloring all kinds of crap...really shocked me i was not expecting a brass band yet i was not expecting to be called names by the very people i was risking my life for.

I had been wounded and recouped in Japan tried to go back ( i was real stupid) but was discharged. I really hold no real resentments yet I can not forgive nor forget that bitch Jane Fonda. I was definately shocked by the protesters and it really did unscrew my head but i was able to deal with it.

I have really done well compared to many . Yet i think because my grandson is facing dangers it is bringing a lot of crap back up to the surface with me. Definate nightmares now, that i only had for a few years after coming back. Took a while to understand it was my fear for my grandson that brought it back.

The protesters of the time were mostly cowards, the ones that I knew. One was my own brother, we have not spoken since 1968. My other brothers tell me how he tells his children he wanted to serve but was in college. Bull you know what I remember him telling me he was not goiung to die is some country he would go to canada if he had to. Now he wants to claim to all that he was a patriot and he talks as if the war was still going on when he got out of college he would have gone. HE WAS A COWARD AND A DISGRACE TO HIS FAMILY AND COUNTRY. He goes to bed every nite knowing that I and my other brothers know that he has a yellow streak a mile wide down his back.

My last statement to him was "Some other boy went in your place and may have even died in your place. How in the hell can you look at yourself in the mirror, my own brother a coward." My father and other brothers broke up the fight and I left home ending up in Colorado. My mother tried two days before her death to get me to call him and tell him that i forgave him..I did not and I never will.

That war just as the civil war blasted our family to smitherenes. My family had 13 brothers 6 fought for the north and 7 fought for the south my ggp fought for the 24th Texas Calvary and the 10th Texas..The family up to my parents were still bearing the scars over that. My present family is still blown apart over my COWARD BROTHER muy uncle that served in WWII and his family never spoke to him again since that fight.

So I guess all wars carry baggage for those who serve and those who don't no one skate s for free.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »
I just finished watching the History Channel. They showed how badly the Black man was treated after returning home after WW2. What a sad time in American History.

It was sad! There have been so many injustices to all races from the beginning.
"WAR IS HELL" Fought on the backs of many(the poor) for the pockets of a few the rich)!

I served with a lot of blacks in the Army during the cold war era (1962) There were many places state side, they would not be allowed in. Restaurants, Bars, etc.

As we traveled by troop train from Ga. to NYC, we were segregated from Ga to Va.Men that were serving and training to go into combat to fight for their country, could not eat with me, a white man in the same public place.They traveled in separate rail cars for most of the trip.

That was yesterday, and thank goodness that wrong has been righted, But the American fighting man in general is still treated like a stranger when they return home.

In my opinion we can't give them enough, after the sacrifices they have made for the ones back home enjoying the good life.

Wars have made wrecks of so many lives, it's estimated that one third of all homeless are veterans. Around 200,000. "Imagine" The population of Des Moines Iowa, or Montgomery Alabama............Living under bridges If they are lucky! Some don't even have a roof over their heads.

The New age soldiers deserve better from America, and enough of this Liberal,VS Conservative crap. We are all Americans, and we need to start acting like it!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »
Had a good friend that passed on couple years ago that was a full blooded souix(sp). He was raised on a reservation and told me of the way they were treated there. He always felt inferior to the white man because thats the way he was brought up. He served in the army during Korea and was wounded. He was laying near a white guy in the medic tent looking at the white guy. He noticed his BLOOD was the same color as his. From that day on he never felt inferior to anyone.
I served a bunch of tours in Nam. Some of my close freinds(sp) were black. The gunboat I served on had one black aboard. I would give my life for him as fast as he would have for me.

And in Sfran(the gay area) there was a demenstration going on in front of the federal building. One of the dirt bags made a mistake and grabbed me. Big Clancy the Irish cop got hold of me and said I was under arrest for stomping the guys face into the curb. (broke his nose and kicked out most of his teeth). Once the cop got me near the paddy wagon, he said, nice left hook. Now get the hell out of here.

My 2 oldest sons never got in the service. One said he would go to canada if he had to. Told him I would bring his a$$ back. Both failed their phy's/ Youngest son is in the Coast Guard and due to retire in a couple yrs. 2 older sons and I dont talk due to a few other things they did.

Gun Runner