Author Topic: Vortex Optics - Any experience with them?  (Read 672 times)

Offline Scout

• Trade Count: (0)
Vortex Optics - Any experience with them?
« on: January 27, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »
Hi folks,

Anyone have any experience with Vortex?  I am thinking of getting their 8x42 Diamondback binos and I have read some good reviews on them.. They appear to be a brand connected  to Wisconsin-based Eagle Optics..

Thanks Yall.

Offline SteveC99

Re: Vortex Optics - Any experience with them?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »
Vortex is the parent company of Eagle Optics.  Vortex also produces the Stokes line as well as the Audubon line of binoculars.  I have used Vortex, having had and still having various Viper and Fury series binoculars.  They seem to be first rate optics in each of the price ranges.  They have recently upgraded the coating of the Diamondbacks, so if you can wait until the new ones are released this spring, they claim a 7% gain in light transmission.  Their warranty and service policy are second to no one.  The Diamondback is a good binocular.  I have one of the new 7x36 pre-ordered.
Steve

"Do what you can where you are with what you have":  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:39:20 AM »
Sheltered Wings, Inc. is the umbrella company for Eagle Optics, Audubon Binoculars, Stokes Birding Series, and Vortex Optics.  It is a Middleton, WI based company that started in 1986.
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline BL Drake

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:12:00 AM »
I have a pair of 10x42 Vortex Dbacks.  They have served me well for the past couple of years.  This year I devoloped a little hitch in the focus ring and decided to send them in for repair.  They had them for all of a day and were sent back to me.  They had gone through the binos and checked the focus operation and the alignment.     

I have a friend who bought the Vortex Razor which sell for about 3-4 times the dbacks.  While comparing them one afternoon on his deck you could see the Razor's were sharper around the edges of the glass but I can honestly say for the price difference you can't beat the Diamondback.  I have been impressed with the companies product and service to the  point that I plan on purchasing a scope this year to try.