Author Topic: AR Magazine questions  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: AR Magazine questions
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 11:32:42 AM »
I got the Stoner's I ordered from Midway already. I've had them perhaps a week but I'm pretty sure I got my order in well ahead of yours. They are getting them in by the tens of thosands at a time I think but they have so many on back order at that $9.99 price they are gone the day after they arrive or in some cases same day.

I had some Mag-Puls on back order as well and got the 30 round mags but am still waiting on the 20s.

I ordered them on December 8th.  Not a big deal as long as I get them eventually.  I'm having others trickle in every couple of days or so. 

I finally got a couple Lancer's delivered and have to say they are very impressive.  I actually like them better than the PMags.  They are lighter and feel not as strong, but they are.  And you can see all of the ammo in them.  The only thing they don't have is a anti-tilt follower, but I can't seem to make it fail or stick no matter how I push on the rounds.  Good stuff and available!  Same price as the PMags w/ windows, actually these days the non-window's are going for more than that.

Just got a notice that the Stoner mags that I ordered Dec 8 that were supposed to be here Dec 23 are now scheduled to be here late March.  Unreal. >:(

Case closed.  Got my 30 rounders that I've been waiting for!  I'm glad I didn't cancel the order because they are very high quality mags, especially for $10.  I see that Midway has the 20's in stock, but they are $18 now!  30's are no backorder...  I have all that I need now.  I think I'm up to 17 30's and 7 20's.  That should be good for now, although I will probably not be able to resist picking up a few of the new 20 round Lancer's and the new PMag models when they come out.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 02:31:13 AM »
Glad to hear that you got your mags and everything worked out great!

For what it's worth.  My order of 10-22 mags from Command Surplus came in last night.  The website described them as the "steel lips" style, and the ones I got were the "hot lips" (plastic feeding lips) style.  That was my first order with command surplus and they didn't get it right.  I've never had that problem with Midway.  I sent Command Surplus an e-mail about it and asked them what they can do to make it right.  We'll see.

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »
Well, since I've been infected with BRD (nine days ago), I've bought a few mags also.

As of right now, the tally is...

• One slightly used Bushmaster 30 rounder that I got with the rifle.
• Two new Bushmaster 30 rounders that the dealer cut me a deal on.
• Two new Center Industries USGI 30 rounders that I bought at another shop.
• Two well used USGI 20-round mags, Colt floorplates.
• Four well used USGI 20-round mags, Simmonds floorplates.

And the collection will likely grow come next payday...

Oh BTW: Bill, you can get stripper clip guides on eBay for $1 each by the dozen, or less in greater quantities. PM me and I can hook you up with the seller's ID.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »
I don't flea-bay.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2009, 01:00:51 AM »
Sorry.

I checked CheaperThanDirt.com and they have them.

Look for item ARR-038.