Author Topic: I want to live till I am 110 to shoot my handi...  (Read 418 times)

Offline omcforever

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
I want to live till I am 110 to shoot my handi...
« on: February 26, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »
 Woke up 2 days ago and had bad chest pains and by the afternoon, could not breathe. Drove myself to the ER and was admitted. They gave me nitro pills and did a heart cath yesterday. It came up clear and doc could not figure out what caused it. But, it was a blessing or warning-my LDL/CDL/trigs where thru the roof or in the basement. Doc said heart was ok but I was headed to a heart attack. Bottom line-dont be macho/figure it cannot happen to you,,,DIAL 911!!! When I was leaving, a man pulled up in his car and had driven his passed out wife to the ER. She was DEAD! Had a heart attack and man drove her in thinking she just passed out. No more Mickey D's for me.If you hurt,call 911!!! I wanna shoot for a long long time!
FIELD ARTILLERY----------KING OF BATTLE----------USAFATC
                      FORT SILL OKLAHOMA
                       JAN 1979 - APR 1991
                          ARMY VETERAN

Offline brennemanj83

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Re: I want to live till I am 110 to shoot my handi...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »
Woke up 2 days ago and had bad chest pains and by the afternoon, could not breathe. Drove myself to the ER and was admitted. They gave me nitro pills and did a heart cath yesterday. It came up clear and doc could not figure out what caused it. But, it was a blessing or warning-my LDL/CDL/trigs where thru the roof or in the basement. Doc said heart was ok but I was headed to a heart attack. Bottom line-dont be macho/figure it cannot happen to you,,,DIAL 911!!! When I was leaving, a man pulled up in his car and had driven his passed out wife to the ER. She was DEAD! Had a heart attack and man drove her in thinking she just passed out. No more Mickey D's for me.If you hurt,call 911!!! I wanna shoot for a long long time!

Take it easy OMC Hope you get to feeling better. ;)
Banned for less than honest trading practices.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Glad you're ok, get the lipids under control.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline omcforever

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »
Thanks all, will do!!!!
FIELD ARTILLERY----------KING OF BATTLE----------USAFATC
                      FORT SILL OKLAHOMA
                       JAN 1979 - APR 1991
                          ARMY VETERAN

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »
Not to be a downer, but go get another opinion, there was some reason you were hurting and could not breathe.  I had just the opposite thing happen, had an EKG at a normal physical, doctor told me I had had a heart attack, go to the hospital and pack a bag, you will be spending the night, kind of stressed me out, packed a bag, went to the hospital, had an EKG, it was good, ran on the treadmill, it was good, had a stress echo sonagram, it was good, nothing wrong at all, doctor told me I would die some day but probably not from a heart problem.  Never never get just one opinion, please find another doctor to check you out.   Morning is the time for heart attacks, a few years ago I worked on a Black Program, at least once a week at neary 9:00 AM sharp someone dropped dead from a heart attack, stress and the time of day all add up to get you.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:20:39 AM »
Morning brother!!

Very glad to hear it turned out OK. I too just went thru this. Only I did have the heart attack!!!

I'm no doctor, but sounds like angina to me. Thats your body warning you that with out change a heart attack could be iminant!
  Sometimes you just dont know!! I was at my doctor TWO DAYS before my heart attack. I had, had a ultra sound of my heart and a EKG a couple days before that and everything was good. Two days later, There I am I the ER with a numb left arm and chest pain. BP 195/114!!!! :o :o

Larry also offers some good advice! At the very least, go see your PCP! He will set you up with a whole series of tests and get you back on the right track for better health.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
Hey there cannon cocker!  Glad you're okay.  There's a bunch of us here that got that rude awakening!  I'm even trying to do better for myself.  And look at cwlongshot!  People are saying Bri ain't half the man he used to be!  Oh, but that's because of all the weight he's lost...   ;D

Do what the Doc's say.   ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »
We all better look out, I don't think they'll let us shoot the Handis off the porch of the Old Soldiers' Home....pehaps we can sneak a shot or two :D

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491