Author Topic: Side focus question  (Read 412 times)

Offline catkiller

• Trade Count: (0)
Side focus question
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
I have a new monarch with side focus.What should I be seeing when looking through the scope and turning the side focus? I can see no difference.
" A woman's breast is the hardest rock the almighty ever put on this earth and I can find no sign on it!"_ Will Geer (Bearclaw Chris Lapp) from Jeremiah Johnson.[/quote]

Offline notnodak

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Side focus question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:38:42 PM »
The side focus does the same job as a adjustable objective and the bell of other scopes. when you change the shot from say 25-100yrds the picture will go out of focus and be hard to see, you need to turn the side focus to the aproximent distance and if set right you can look through the scope and place the cross hairs on a set spot. Then move your head so the crosshairs move around in the site picture, the crosshairs should stay on the target spot. If it moves it is set wrong. You will mostly see this at under 200yrds and mainly under 100yrds

Offline catkiller

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Side focus question
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:03:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
" A woman's breast is the hardest rock the almighty ever put on this earth and I can find no sign on it!"_ Will Geer (Bearclaw Chris Lapp) from Jeremiah Johnson.[/quote]