Author Topic: Free Bullets  (Read 687 times)

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
Free Bullets
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:41:27 AM »
I just recieved my new Midsouth Shooters catalog yesterday. Hornady is offering free bullets shipped direct from the Grand Island, Nebraska facility on select purchases from Jan through Dec 09'.

You could realize up to 1,000 free bullets on the $400 lock n load press
Or: 500 bullets on the $325 items
Or: 100 bullets for those items in the $45 range.

It beats a poke in the eye from a rusty rifle barrel i guess ;)...I am below speed on what bullets are actually offered but it would be great if one could select from small varmint to large pistol.

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Re: Free Bullets
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:04:59 AM »
Field reporters...  ::)  You just can't get good hired help nowdays on these forums.   ;) ;D ;)    (just yanking your chain glanceblamm)

The rest of the story...

(Edited quote from Hornady Ad) From January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009, when you purchase any of the selected items below from Midsouth, Hornady will send you bullets for FREE! Shipping and handling fees will apply. (These bullets will not ship from Midsouth, they will ship from Hornady Mfg. in Nebraska)"

Hornady Lock-N-Load™ Classic or Classic Kit - 500 Free
Hornady Lock-N-Load™ Auto Progressive - 1000 Free
Hornady New Dimension™ Dies with Zip Spindle™ System - 1 Box Free
Hornady Lock-N-Load™ Powder Measure - 100 Free

Nothing to indicate free bullets with any other products.

Free bullet list...

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:28:45 AM »
This isn't new, this has been offered since early in 2008, but they were only charging $4.95 for each box of bullets w/die sets last year, got a bunch myself! ;D

Tim

http://www.hornady.com/get_loaded.php

http://www.hornady.com/media/get-loaded-stay-loaded.pdf
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:36:11 AM »
Boy time flies!! The Get Loaded offer was available in 2007 even!!

Tim

A body die would probably be the least expensive addition to what you have, but  if I were making that choice, I'd just get a Hornady die set, then besides a full lenth sizer die, you'd get an excellent seater die for not much more money. ;) You'd also be eligible to send for a box of Hornady bullets for $5 with their Get Loaded offer!! ;D

Tim

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=425978&t=11082005

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0007675163

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00005546390

http://hornady.com/get_loaded.php
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 03:02:26 AM »
Field reporters...    You just can't get good hired help nowdays on these forums.         (just yanking your chain glanceblamm)

No problem Ladobe...this is why I have you and the rest of the guys around (read to unravel those details) They make my head hurt hahaha.
Too bad they dont offer a 240gr in the .44 or a 250gr in the .45...I do see that my Coyote bullet is listed but am not saying which one it is (even though there is only two choices  ::)) because of the high controversy & heated arguments that insue....Is insue a word?-Where is my spell check, I ask for the third time now  ???

P.S. Thanks for your reply Tim!

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 03:14:26 AM »
The guys at midsouth are great, and I have my order in.  However, the shellplates are on back order on the LNL AP that people want (i.e.45, 38sp, 9mm), as well as common dies.

I expect the stuff early april.

Maybe the bullets will ease my anxiety :)
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 04:00:27 AM »
Was just looking at the Hornady Website and spotted this message on the front page:

**ATTENTION** Due to unprecedented sales, ammunition and bullet orders may take 4 to 6 months to ship. We recommend you use our Retail Locator to find a local or online reseller to purchase these products.

Think that applies to the FREE Get Loaded Offers too?

Bill

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 04:06:46 AM »
It couldn't, wouldn't, heaven forbid shouldn't affect us poor guys that are looking for a few good bullets.

I mean, why sell something if you can give it away for free ;D  Seriously, I'd count on sometime in '10.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline Darrell Davis

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 02:15:55 PM »
Yep, I can believe the 4 - 6 months for the bullets, as I ordered some 180gr Interlock in 30cal, and some 150s for the 270.

Ordered these shortly after CHRISTmas from Cabela's - need to use some points - and both sizes were on B.O. for awhile.

Would have been surprised if the order was for some fancy stuff, but thye B.O. situation is probably hitting most of the supplies.

I have been there and done that with the "free" bullets, and would do so again if I could think of some equipment I really need.

keep em coming!

CDOC
300 Winmag