Author Topic: AMMO Recall!!!  (Read 828 times)

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
AMMO Recall!!!
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:57:17 AM »

WARNING this from another forum:

I heard through the industry that Hornady was recalling all of it's Dangerous Game Ammo. I called Hornday to confirm. First I spoke with Bob in Tech. He says they don't know what exactly or how much is effected but that some was evidentally loaded too hot. He couldn't confirm anything. I then spoke to Melissa in sales. She did not know anything but asked her supervisor. She says right now the ammo that is definitely recalled is 416 Ruger 400 grain with Item # 82665 and Lot # 3082057. She said this hasn't even been released yet and I was the first call. Apparently they just found out about it and haven't figured it all out yet. I spoke to Franz, a PH friend in Africa. He says two different rifles experienced catastrophic failures where the cartridges damaged the rifles. According to him it was a 375 Ruger and 416 Ruger. Only the Ruger Hawkeye and CZ 550 are chambered for 375 Ruger and 416 Ruger right now.
Until this is figured out - I'd advise holding off on shooting your 375 Ruger or 416 Ruger, and especially relying on them for any dangerous game hunting. Hopefully no other calibers are included.

If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
Re: AMMO Recall!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:16:05 AM »
Fortunately, It's nothing I shoot, but thanks for posting it.  It may be very important for some of us.  Perhaps Tim can put the post on the other forums where it may be needed.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:33:55 AM »

Right Pete, This fellow runs a game ranch in Texas and knows quite a few people all over the world. He is a regular on leverguns and put this out as a warning.

Please post it on any other forums you visit. I hope no one gets hurt.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 05:36:21 AM »
You'd think it would be on the website by now if it's valid, maybe they have the same webmaster as H&R!!  ::)

Tim

http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=439
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Chas.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:55 AM »
You'd think it would be on the website by now if it's valid, maybe they have the same webmaster as H&R!!  ::)

Tim

http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=439

Exactly!!  I went to their website and found the same as you.  If there's a problem with their ammo, there's a liability issue, and it stands to reason they would mitigate that liability as soon as possible. 

Where's AtLaw when you need him.

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 03:31:07 AM »

Tim,

I wasn't aware that they had such a section on their website to announce such things. I went back to the post on the leverguns site and posted the question about the lack of an official notice. I'll find out more when I can.

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 04:57:02 AM »
The only recall that Hornady has is one lot of 30-30Win. Hornady Leverevolution as Tim indicated.
 Things like this are easy to check out......just ask Hornady, they'll tell you:

http://www.hornady.com/contact_us.php
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »
And I've been thinking of getting a .375 Ruger, just don't like the Hawkeye rifle.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.