Author Topic: Pentagon plans ‘spy’ blimp  (Read 448 times)

Offline FWiedner

• Trade Count: (0)
Pentagon plans ‘spy’ blimp
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:09:11 AM »
The Pentagon on Thursday said it intends to spend $400 million to develop a giant dirigible that will float 65,000 feet above the Earth for 10 years, providing intricate radar surveillance of the vehicles, planes and people below.

“It is absolutely revolutionary,” The LA Times quoted Werner JA Dahm, chief scientist for the air force, on the proposed unmanned airship -- describing it as a cross between a satellite and a spy plane. The 450-foot-long craft would give the US military a better understanding of an adversary's movements, habits and tactics, officials said. According to the report, the ability to constantly monitor small movements in a wide area, such as the Pak-Afghan border, would dramatically improve military intelligence. “It is constant surveillance, uninterrupted,” Dahm said.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\03\14\story_14-3-2009_pg7_39

Note:  I find this article entirely believeable.  I also find it interesting that it shows up on a website intended to inform foreign nationals.  Why are there no American news outlets informing American citzens that their government is developing huge airborne weapons platforms to spy on them?

Oh, right.  The thrust is that these instruments for violating privacy will be used to spy on our "enemies."

... Say... did you see that article where Americans who support third-party candidates are being called "terrorists?"

;)

They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Pentagon plans ‘spy’ blimp
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:56:26 AM »
Soon they will have half or more of the US population labeled as terrorists. This ain't for overseas use it is for US.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Pentagon plans ‘spy’ blimp
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »
Somehow they have to justify construction of those empty stalags.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.