Author Topic: Martial Law and Social Unrest  (Read 398 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
Martial Law and Social Unrest
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:27:37 AM »
Things seem to be quickly coming to a head with the confluence of (1) Our first Marxist non-white, third world president and (2) the collapse of the debt-based economy.  During the last few months, different public officials have made open outright references to  threats of martial law and "social unrest" in light of the financial crisis.

Late last year before the presidential election, the first bail out, $700 billion of tax payer dollars to corrupt bankers and God knows who else,  was pushed through over the objection of public opinion and many congressmen.   One Congressman was Brad Sherman, liberal democrat from Northern Los Angeles County.  He stated that he and other congressmen were told that if the bailout did not pass, martial law would be declared.  Sherman made this statement on talk radio and there is a Youtube video of him stating it as well.  Martial law means that the constitution is essentially suspended, habeas corpus is suspended as are all constitutional rights and due process.   People can be arrested and imprisoned indefinitely without trial, bail or any showing of legal cause for detention. Rights of free speech, freedom of assembly, movement, etc., are suspended subject to the discretion of the military or whatever other law enforcement  have control. 

More recently, Arnold Shwarzenneger, California Governor,  commented on the passage of a new budget with gluttonous spending, new taxes, etc., and said that  if it had not been passed there  could have been "social unrest."   Having lived through the '92 Rodney King Riots in Los Angeles the spectre of "social unrest" has a very real meaning to me.  I remember how I watched rising columns of smoke from uncontrolled fires, and watched TV of rioters and  looters while  police stood by and did nothing.  After three days of this, the National Guard was deployed in Los Angeles, but arrived without any ammunition for their rifles.  This was publicly acknowledged at the time.  After the riots were over, a local gun distributor told me law enforcement called  about .223/5.56 mm ammo for the National Guard and was any available.  Of course  my friend said sure. Come and get it. 

"Martial law" and "social unrest" are particularly relevant to gun owners, for a number of reasons.  First, guns are an important source of protection in the chaos that ensues; Second, gun owners can be targets of gun confiscation by the "duly constituted authorities." 

It's very scary to see "mainstream"   politicians openly talking this way.  I've seen financial analysts in 3 piece suits talk about food riots.   When we say stuff like this we're called "nuts" , crackposts, paranoids, wackos, etc.  Now it's gone main stream.  Typically our lying public officials deny the truth and only acknowledge it when it has become so universally recognized that further denials are futile.

I've noticed that ammunition  has almost completely disappeared from sporting goods stores in Los Angeles and I read this is occurring all over the country.

I have considered the issue of dictatorship, social breakdown and martial law abstractly for many years. Now I see it really happening and frankly, it scares me. 

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?   

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Martial Law and Social Unrest
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »
All of the signs are pointing to a complete breakdown of the US.  Social unrest will be first, then martial law.
After the Constitutional rights and basic laws are "put on hold" then anything goes. Any number of scenarios exist from dictatorship to invasion by another country...or both.

It's going to be a mess and I sadly think it's inevitable.  The vast majority of US citizens will shockingly look around and say "What just happened?"  but it will be way too little, way too late
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14