Author Topic: Pop-Up Ground Blinds  (Read 635 times)

Offline PawDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
Pop-Up Ground Blinds
« on: September 06, 2003, 09:30:09 AM »
Pros and cons?

Pesonal experiences?
PawDaddy

Offline markc

I have two
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 02:56:58 AM »
different ones, can't recall the brands right now but here is what I found.   On one that pops open and sets up fairly easily , the spring steel inside the canvas twisted the wrong upon trying to close it back up and to this day the thing will not go back into it's little carrying bag.  When open, it must be staked down or the least little breeze will knock it over.  It is otherwise nice to hunt from unless you plan to bow hunt.  It is not large enough not to catch the broadhead on the canvas in front of your seat.  

The second one uses a shock corded pole set up and goes up fairly quickly.  It is very nice, except the zip open windows are set so low, you must almost sit on the ground to see out of them.  The frame work is a bit too tall to see over the top of the frame and shoot that way, so you must modify a chair of some type or sit on the ground.  It does fit two people rather snugly and doesn't take much time to setup or take down.  I don't  use either of these blinds very often,  but have and will use them again in the right situation.
markc
markc

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Pop-Up Ground Blinds
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 11:12:01 AM »
I have a spring steel type . . . it is one of the DogHouse blinds.  I have heard from anyother guy that he had the same problem with folding it up wrong.  I can see how it could easily be done.  Now you have me curious about mine.  I should go set it up in the yard to make sure it is ok as I plan to use it (or rather have one of my sons use it) for an early youth (deer) hunt in our area.  I think all of them have to be staked down. The better ones have scent shield in them which could be handy.  I think all of them go up easier than they come down.  Before buying, I would want to sit in one to make sure it will allow me to do what I want to in it.  Dont just go by the size printed on the box.  The one I have is great for rifle/pistol, but not for bowhunting which surprized me.  I thought it was big enough to do both. Hmmm.....

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
Pop-Up Ground Blinds
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 11:23:30 AM »
with all ground blinds you still need to put local folage around it to help blend it in. You can not just put it out in the woods and think the deer will come close ot it.
Look for ones that have a dark inside.