Author Topic: Stop the Madness  (Read 2336 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Stop the Madness
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 08:21:14 AM »
walmart now has  550 count  22lr

$17   up  $4  from $13

they  had 3 boxes .... had the price still been  $13 i would have  got  2
but  at $17  i left them for someone else
had  they  been  $20  they would be available longer so  and so on
higher  prices =  availability
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline fatoldfool

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 10:27:02 AM »
I believe Longtom uses the old business principles and Flash uses the MODERN business principles.  I have been in business successfully twice, once as a manager and once as an owner. In both, my inventories were priced when bought (cost + % profit) and when new stock came in with a higher price it was moved to the back of the shelf and the old stock sold first.  Yeah, you can jack your prices on the old stuff too, but customers now it, don't like it and don't understand it, and you lose customers. I just paid $25.95 each for 2 lbs. of Unique, $4.99 for primers, bought at a store that is gouging on prices because reloading products are scarce. When supply catches up with demand, will I go back there to buy. Hell, no! Only when I have to will I buy from them, because it is gougeing.  A busines selling good product at a reasonable profit will be there for the long run, long after these guys have closed the doors. Will all this craziness end....Well, I think so. Ammo is showing back up on previously empty shelves. Seems plentiful in everything except 9mm.
Will Rogers said, " If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where they go."

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »
LIFO vs. FILO accounting . been going on for many years . It has as much to do with retained inventory as socking it to the buyer . Its something set up and followed not changed like underwear .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline troy_mclure

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »
back to the primers.....

i can find just about any kind of ammo locally here now, but not a drop of primers.
and powders are high most places.

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »
I believe that the manufacturers are increasing production, to a moderate degree.  Demand will drop in the future, as will prices.  The cause of the future price drop might not be less demand or overproduction; rather, our sport might be taxed and regulated out of business.

If a behavior is costly or painful, people will avoid it.  If we must endure a rectal exam, and pay for it, every time we purchase a box of primers or shells, most of us will tire, then capitulate.  Those of us who believe that the current Federal government doesn't have private gun ownership "square in its sights", or that curtailing gun ownership is a "secondary priority" are just not paying attention.  Additionally, radical changes DO occur overnight.  Just look at the nationalization of our banking and heavy industries.

No, my friends, "hope" and "change" is occuring all around us.  In 6 months we have moved this country and its formerly capitalist means of economic exchange into uncharted waters.  We are about to experience a world where the great industrial, capitalist experiment has ended, replaced with the ubiquitous "5 year plans" of social engineers and communists EXACTLY mirroring the Europeans, with their disarmed "masses".

So, the naysayers might be correct that "they'll never do that", but what if you are wrong?????????  I'm 50 years old, and have never seen a people more willing to trust government with their whole life.  If people become desperate, and somebody comes along promising "hope", if you just give up control of..... to me," ignorant people will do it.  Please, please educate your kids about why the 2nd amendment provides a little assurance of the rest.  If you don't, they'll fall for Grandma in Little Red Riding Hood.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
very true !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 03:04:05 PM »
 :) Sweetwater, I have been seeing the Ramshot you mentioned, plus other powder drifting in. I just got AA # 5 today. I have been looking for several mths for it. I think things are starting to loosen up. As times I have seen small pistol primers and shotgun primers. I was in a sporting goods store in Casper that had quite a bit of powder, but did not check the primers. I think things are starting to move in to our area. Good luck ;)

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »
At least there are stores in your area that sell reloading supplies.  The two Sportsman's Warehouses here in Vegas were on the liquidation list.  Only lther place that sells any components locally is Bass Pro and the only thing worse that their prices is their selection.  I'm debating a drive to St. George UT in the hopes that they have some stuff in stock.

I'd have built a supply up long ago only requiring upkeep but I only recently got back into shooting and just started reloading around Christmas.

Offline Sweetwater

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • When it ceases to be fun, I shall cease to do it.
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 07:59:56 PM »
Wyo.Coyote Hunter-

Hope that trend holds up. I was able to order some WC860 from Jeff Bartlett (GIBrass.com) the other night, so that will help the long term stock on hand. Idaho Elk Hunter gave me some insight into the primer market here, and like the gal told me, the order comes in, hits the shelves, and in very few hours is cleaned out again. I just got back to work (Praise God) and so can't just take off on Friday morning to hit the early shopping. We'll just have to ride it out for a spell. Thanks for the report.

Regards,
Sweetwater
Regards,
Sweetwater

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway - John Wayne

The proof is in the freezer - Sweetwater

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 07:19:12 AM »
  I didn't think my area was as bad as some of you are saying. Two weeks ago I went to a local gun shop for pistol primers. He had 500, and I decided I only needed 300 at this time so thats what I took. Now none of the local shops have any left.  THEN yesterday! I went to Wally World for some 22lr for my daughter to shoot. They didn't have anymore, said they can't keep it on the shelves. While I was there, they brought out two cases of 9mm auto. As they were opening the first case, two seperate guys said they wanted a full case each. I don't own a 9mm, but, just for curiosity, I asked first one and then the other if I could please buy one box out of the case they were buying. I was turned down by both with about the same attitude as I would expect if I'd asked to take out there virgin 16 year old daughter!!!!! One clerk there just laughed about it, said it's good he doesn't shoot.
  Hope it turns around soon, I only have enough ammo to last me about three years. (if I cut back some on the shooting)
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.

Offline LaPoint

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »
I just bought the last 2000 primers to be had from Gander Mtn in Plattsburgh, NY for $80 but only because the clerk tells me that they wont be getting anymore for at least 6-9 months. After I made the purchase he tells me they may be getting out of the reloading and pistol business altogether because of stiff regs. Feeling like I just drank the cool aide I then stopped into the only other gun shop in the immediate area a mom and pop outfit who are refusing to fuel the panic by limiting the amount of powder and primer they sell to each customer. They said their suppliers assure them they have plenty to go around because they are limiting the size of the orders they take. 
I have to agree with Cat and others we are just hurting ourselves by stockpiling and getting crazy. By keeping a cool head and not getting greedy Ma and Pa will be getting all my business from now on  ;D.       
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." -Teddy Roosevelt

Offline jtech

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »
Went to a good small local out of tow gun shop this evening. Picked up a lb. of varget and h 4831 for $28 ea.. I didn't think that was a bad price, chepaest I've seen in a while was $ 25 a lb.. I had seen a shop in town wanted $90 for 1000 primers, I'm not buying at that price ! Don't need them that bad, I keep a small stock for such events. Out of town shop had them for $ 32. I asked the owner what was going on and he said GOUGING, he said his cost HAS NOT gone up but he can't find any. When his cost goes up he'll have to raise his prices. Don't pay GOUGING prices unless you don't think you can live without it.
When every one has every thing they can't live without, I think prices will come down, may be. Gas didn't. I've got a serious problem buying something when I KNOW I'm being taken advatage of. If you have got to have it grin and bear it. I do not! Bottom line is every one that's paying GOUGER prices now to stock up will hopefully learn the same lesson a lot of us did years ago and never be caught short again!

Offline troy_mclure

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
i finaly found a lb of retumbo for my 7mm, havent had any powder for it yet.