Author Topic: looks like some of the best deals out there  (Read 497 times)

Offline john keyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
looks like some of the best deals out there
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
are the remington pump rifles

I see alot of them in cool calibers like 300 savage and 35 whelen as well as all of the ol standbys.
Lots of cool vintage scopes on a bunch of them too.

After owning a bunch of old and new guns (and scopes), you know what?  I'll go with the old stuff
every time.  Less money, higher quality.

I'm surprised there is no pump/slide action rifle forum here.  I imagine these rifles have their loyal following
and others are horrified by them. 

I have an old vintage redfield 2 3/4 and I think my next rifle just might be a pump. 

Anybody know what the difference is between a 760 and a 7600?
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: looks like some of the best deals out there
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
Anybody know what the difference is between a 760 and a 7600?

John,

Although I don't know the intricacies or fine details about the differences, I've read and been told there are differences in the way the barrel attaches to the receiver, the bolt lugs are different, as is the entire bolt assembly. There is also supposed to be differences in the action bar assembly. In addition, supposedly, most parts do not interchange between the two with the exception of the butt stock and magazines.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: looks like some of the best deals out there
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 04:49:16 AM »
There is a pump/semi auto forum.
The 760 has fourteen interupted threads for locking lugs on the bolt. The 7600 has four lugs. This is main difference between them.
The 760 has more drop in the butt stock than a 7600. Many 7600's have a Monte Carlo stock but not all do. The scope bases are not interchangeble between 760 and 7600.

760 and 7600 rifles and carbines seem to have more felt recoil than most like chambered bolt actions. The 760/7600's are hunting rifles and shoulder and point fast.

I have a 7600 7mm-08 and it's a dandy. I had a 760 30-06 (my son has it) and it's very accurate and slick.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein