Author Topic: Burris Timberline 4.5 x 14  (Read 857 times)

Offline chucky52

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Burris Timberline 4.5 x 14
« on: May 02, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
Just in case someone else wants to know before they buy, I purchased a Burris Timberline 4.5x14 for Hunter pistol silhouette. Sent it straight to the factory for target turrets and shot my first competition today. Price: 199.00 plus 80.00 for the factory to add turrets. objective size 32 mm. First impression: Bright and clear; but, at the range, it feels like I'm working harder than usual due to the small objective, the reticle is very thin and I'm working harder to see the reticle. The adjustable objective is no where close to calibrated; but, does work. The ballistic plex holdover marks are nearly impossible to see and I bought a sunshade to prevent smoking the front objective lens. It doesn't fit at all.

I shot the Timberline on a Contender .22LR barrel switched to pistol caliber and a Leupold scope. What an incredible improvement! I hate paying the Leupold price; but, the difference is incredible.

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Burris Timberline 4.5 x 14
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:53:34 AM »
Leupold is definitely a step up from most other manufacturers, at a farily hefty price.  What will really get you is when you need to step up from Leupold to one of the other manufacturers that make an even more superior product.  Nothing like getting thrown into the $2300-3000 optic game.

Offline chucky52

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Re: Burris Timberline 4.5 x 14
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »
I'm not able to do that.