Author Topic: Marlin Camp 9  (Read 563 times)

Offline Waldo Pepper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Marlin Camp 9
« on: May 22, 2009, 07:17:50 AM »
I was looking at a Camp 9 yesterday in little pawn & gun shop in a town of about 2000 that I happened to be in and it was in fairly nice shape w/o a butt plate and instead a recoil pad installed. The price tag was $325 or $350 I can't remember which, but I was thinking about going back to buy the thing for a HD rifle. But not sure the thing is worth the money. What say you guys?
"How is it you do not understand me when I speak? It is because you cannot bear to listen to my words."

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
Re: Marlin Camp 9
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:13:20 AM »
I looked at the 45ACP model of the same gun a few weeks back and in researching them found out they should have a stronger aftermarket recoil spring added/replaced to keep from cracking the stock and maybe replace the recoil buffer.
They really seem to be a handy gun. I believe the 9mm uses S&W mags and the 45 uses 1911's. That seems to be a good price from what I've seen. I'm still thinking about the one I looked at also. Hopefully someone who owns/has owned one will weigh in.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »
  I had a 45 Camp Carbine.  Nice, handi little carbine.  They have alot of plastic, which I didn't like, and the triggers are creepy.  They are a great idea that just suffered a bit in production.  I sold it to get I don't remember what. 

They are popular among those who will pay the $200 tax and have an integraly silenced barrel made for them. 

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:01:19 AM »
 Waldo

With out a doubt a very good buy .... I miss my C-9 ... They use the 5900 series S&W mags .. Are so acurate that its scary and have nothing for recoil , Thus it makes eating the ten ring out of a target at 75 yards with a 15 round mag too easy ;) Now that is what mine would do all day long and twice on sunday ... We all know all guns are not created equally , But I have never met a Camp 9 owner that didn't sing their praises...

Get it !!

And if you decide not too ? Then be sure to let us know where she is , in case someone here would like to get it  ::)

P.S. Mine only left me because Mom passed 2 weeks before christmas , So the Camp and another 25 firearms followed it ...If not for that I would still have it today .... Oh and it happens that i still have 3 Hi-Caps for that rifle still sitting in a drawer in my winnibago
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason