Author Topic: Gettin Ready again  (Read 586 times)

Offline stevinator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Gettin Ready again
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »
Had to put a new floor on the stand and one in the hut.And moved it to a better spot hopefully.Protective windows are in for now.Tinted sliders go in in the fall with a comfy chair and heater. ;D

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: Gettin Ready again
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »
No disrespect intended, but did you dig a pit below that elevated outhouse?

That thing is far too comfortable to be called a hunting blind.  You are definately taking advantage of the wildlife.  Heater too?  Careful of carbon monoxide poisioning...

Offline stevinator

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »
I put this thing here because the deer come in here better when it is really nasty,like 0 and a snow deeper than heck.I walked in here last year during the third season and it was 9:30 and still cold and lots of deer were in here.So my partner and I figured this would be a good place for it.Oh believe me I have paid my dues. This is the only stand I have like this.I figure I could go in early and stay awhile with this in there.My regular stands are brutal third season.That picture is kind of why I moved it,my buddy shot one bigger than that about 50 yards away from the hut. :o

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 07:13:49 AM »
Where I hunt in NW Texas the wind can be murderous with wind chills way down there.  I built myself an outhouse to shoot out of but used shutters instead of windows.  And believe me I'll soon have windows.  There are days you just hate it if you don't have something to break the wind.  No heater yet.  I'd like to build one big enough to sleep in, and make coffee in someday.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline theoldarcher

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 04:13:38 AM »
I used an elevated stand with a pop-up blind on it (from Cabela's) last year for my first time ever in an enclosure.  It was 33 degrees, strong wind, and blowing snow/rain mix.  I have to admit, from all the years of sitting in a tree stand in this same kind of weather, this was the first year I really enjoyed being in the woods in that weather.  And I killed a buck not too long after daylight.  I think I am now spoiled!  I will make a few improvements for this coming fall, and in bad weather I'll be back inside!

Arch

Offline kix

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:06:29 AM »
  I too have paid my dues-sitting on 2x4's nailed on a tree limb while it's 25 deg. or hunkered down by a tree in two feet of snow while my feet freeze off. Forget that! Now I lounge in my heated,sliding glass,magazine supplied,office-chair equipped and cell phone connected "outhouse" Just let it rain or snow! Let the wind blow! More power to you Stevinator.   Kix