Author Topic: gun ownership in the world  (Read 1762 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
gun ownership in the world
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
I really have not learned or hear much about this so maybe you guys can help. is the USA the only place were you can own guns and other stuff freely or is there other places too?

Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Brithunter

Re: gun ownership in the world
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:31:09 PM »
Well I suggest you do a little internet searching  ;)

I will start you on your way, Hunting in Europe is still very healthy, yes there are restrictions just as there are in the US only applied differently.

Oh I also suggest you look at the UN's agenda  ;)

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:57:57 AM »
Well I suggest you do a little internet searching  ;)

I will start you on your way, Hunting in Europe is still very healthy, yes there are restrictions just as there are in the US only applied differently.

Oh I also suggest you look at the UN's agenda  ;)

so you can own guns outside of the US. OK i will do some research because i thought the US was the only places were you could own guns.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 10:05:37 PM »
You use the internet yet believe such a daft thing?  :o

My .... my your education has really been poor and I thought it was only here in the UK where they had dumbed down the education so much  :-[

The UN has a mandate proposed every so often to ban the private ownership of guns world wide it was proposed and seconded by the two most oppressive democrocies in the world, namely Japan and India. The new world order requires this to move forward. Elections in India are rigged and influenced by gunmen every time yet it's almost impossible to own a gun legally in India. Japan is as bad which is why the Air Soft craze got started so the Japanese could own toy guns that looked like the real thing. Yet both have high crime rates and organised crime is rife. Britain banned the pistols, well most of them, and armed crime rocketed. banning somethign does not and never will work as criminals don't give a rat's arse about the laws. our crime rate in the UK rose not only due to the pistol ban but it coincided with massive rises in illegal immigration and strangly enough a lot of these imigrants were criminals, know criminals int ehir home countries in a lot of cases who now ply their lawless activities here.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 02:26:51 AM »
Brithunter:  you said::" My .... my your education has really been poor and I thought it was only here in the UK where they had dumbed down the education so much".

Not coming to anyone's defense here but that statement is so true and it isn't jamal's fault. It is the fault fo the teachers and the school boards.  Not one school in the US, short of a Law School, ever teaches the Constitution,what it means and how it differs from that of other nations.

It may not be so much that guns are banned in the UK, it is that what we hear is that there are so many restrictions which are so subjectively interpreted our wonderful school teachers don't even think of the word 'stretch' when they interpret that to mean guns are banned.  And so many dang teachers are so liberal that they even refuse to acknowledge the 2nd Amendment as an individual right even in the face of the recent Supreme Court decision. 

Unfortunately, jamal is just repeating what he has probably been taught and you really can't blame him for that until you clarify it for him and show him where his education needs to continue - and I believe youpointed him in the right direction. 

I sincerely opine that Mikey is one guy school boards do not like to see come along and the pta meetings (parent teacher assn) hates to see me attend school budget meetings. 

Geez, if jamal thinks Britian is tough on guns he should try and get one in neu yawk.  Mikey.

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 03:35:28 AM »
Hi There,

Of god forbid Washington.

Myself I don't have children nor much contact with schools but friends do. One particular such friend has a couple of particularly gifted kids the oldest who soon to go Uni to study Physics with Maths, the middle daughter is more normal the boy who is only 10 is gifted and seems a natural at Karate as well. Both Uaul and his wife are unusaual as they encourage their kids and even took courses themselves to encourage them with the result that Paul has gained a good degree himself amongst other qualifications along the way. The schools are not that happy to see Paul at times but report days are never a problem  ;D it more often when they bring in new left wing or religious ideas  :D

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »
Seems to be plenty of gun owners in Iraq and Afghanistan.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Perkins

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
This website is dedicated to hunters and shooters.  Anti-gun and anti-hunting commentary is not allowed.

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:43:12 PM »
Oh dear very sorry I will immediately bury my head in the sand with the other ostriches  ::)

So folks no questions about the restrictions here as they don't like it.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 04:09:11 AM »
Oh dear very sorry I will immediately bury my head in the sand with the other ostriches  ::)

So folks no questions about the restrictions here as they don't like it.

No, the red is when a moderator deletes a post.  It's a message to the poster.  It was not directed at you... He posted some anti-gun gibberish and I deleted it.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 07:12:18 AM »
BH, plz don't tell me to look it up on the 'puter as I spend too much time on this infernal machine as it is. But may you keep your rifles at home or must you keep them at a "club"? 

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »
OK my mistake Whoops  :o :-[

beemanbeme,

Yep I keep them all here, rifles, shotguns etc I don't hold with this keeping at the club and I also keep my ammo and reloading stuff here as well.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 01:14:21 AM »
Oh boy, am I ever going to look dumb but I have read and believed that gun owners in England had to 'locker' or keep their firearms at a registered gun club or local police station, where they had to make appointments to get them to use them.  The idea that an Englishman could keep any firearm in the home, except the old double barrel over the fireplace mantel, was not allowed. 

Thanks for squaring things away.  Mikey.

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 03:17:12 AM »
Mikey, the news media lied to us about firearm ownership in other countries again ?  :o ;) Thanks for sharing info about things in your country BH. Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 08:33:47 AM »
I had the same impression that Mikey and Dave had.
 And while we're picking your brain, over here the various rules regarding pistols and long guns and waiting periods and such can change from state to state, even town to town.  Is it the same in England or are there a blanket set of rules nationwide? 

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 11:21:24 AM »
The rules are set by the Home Office in Westminster, London, however the Police are free so set conditions and it's this way they fiddle things and make the rules as they go along. Conditions are almost impossible to challange and most make no sense at all. For instance I have 4 rifles chambered for the 270 Winchester cartridge they are:-

BSA CF2 Stutzen
BSA Majestic featherweight deluxe
BSA Monarch 1st pattern x2

The reason I have two Monarchs of the same pattern is I picked the first one up in poor condition dirt cheap (like $45 US) then a couple of years later I was offered an identical model in very good condition that even had the iron sights still on it and the fore sight hood. I paid the princly sum of about $190 US for this one  ;D. Now the Police say I can shoot rifle serial number ***** in 270 but not the others ????????????????????? I asked them if the other rifles are more dangerous they just said no and that was that!  ::).

The pistol ban showed it to be a farce as they forgot to mentio long barreled pitols so these are still legal. The Polcie and the idiots who drafted the legislation obviously didn't know about long range pistol shooting  :D trouble is our legal pistols are illegal in the US due to be too long and then classed as a rifle? There are weird laws everywhere and not only to do with guns.

9x21mm came about to get around laws banning Military ammo and guns that chambered it in Europe. Oh Silencers are legal here but are more accurately called Sound Moderators, you need permission on your licence to buy and own one but they cannot really say no especially if you stalk Deer of do Foxing. Even for target shooting they cannot really refuse as it's a health and safety issue to proetect hearign and reduce noise pollution  :D The police didn't like this but got told in no uncertain words that's the way it is by the Home Office! So far I only have a sound moderator on a .22 LR for pest control but will be putting in for a full bore one soon.

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »
Your sound moderators (suppressors here) are a great piece of equipment. You can hunt/target shoot with less noise so less complaints. We can have supressers here but we have to pay a tax on them.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 11:04:23 AM »
i did look and i found this. the Czech Republic is just like the us with guns, so it seems is Norway,Switzerland every one form of 20 and 42 has to keep a full auto gun in there home and they seem to like guns. these are the only places that i found that you could easyly own a gun, everywhere else it's like getting a class3 or your SOL if you want a gun :o That why i love the USA,it the home of the free becuase were armed to make it free. 8)

Offline cam69conv

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
Jamal, News flash. We are far from free in this country ESPECIALLY when it comes to firearms ownership. The gov. is doing its dead level best to yank our weapons right out of our hands. They are just getting more sneeky about it. Extreamly high taxes to the manufacturers and distributors of firearms, some states requiring you to have a completely illegal document called a FIREARMS OWNERSHIP IDENTIFICATION CARD (Illinois) which you have to purchase and wait sometimes 2 months before getting it and you have to have it to even buy a hunting license for ARCHERY! or anything that has to do with hunting or shooting! Several other states are exploring this completely illegal documentation of our firearms and they are doing it so far under the radar even the NRA doesn't know about half of them! The people of this country, which I have fought for, bled for, and killed for, are becoming like a herd of damn sheep and just following the leader. Very few do any research or in any way attempt to keep up with what the gov. is doing. Its because of this fact that we have so many restrictions on us and also why this country is doomed if we do not start standing up for our rights as UNITED STATES citizens and kicking the damned government in the balls, waking them up to pay attention! As has been said already here. Look at the countries that have illegalized gun ownership and you will see crime rates have skyrocketed. Criminals are the only ones with the damn weapons to defend themselves! Our country is fast approaching that same thing if we as citizens do not stand to fight! 
You want a divorce if I go hunting today??? Well sorry ta see ya go...Was nice knowin ya..Dont let tha door hit ya where tha good lord split ya :D

Offline thxmrgarand

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 08:01:59 AM »
My personal (and strongly held belief) is that it is the insidious nature of gun laws that require all of us to be pro-active in defeating them and in defeating the elected and appointed government officials who propose them.  My wife and I very much enjoyed for years annually attending a trap shoot in the Yukon Territory.  The people are exceptionally nice and the event and setting (stone sheep visible from the trap houses) are remarkable.  However, on January 1, 2000, the Canadian government began requiring that I tender the serial number of my gun in order to take it into Canada.  I feel that registering my gun is a slap in the face to all the US citizens who fought to protect our freedoms; so we have not gone to any Canadian shoot since that date and I believe we have completely avoided Canada since then (even no longer making the 3,000 mile round-trip school shopping trip to the Edmonton Mall).

The Canadian trap shooters have told me that first their small caliber handguns were seized.  Then they had restrictions on gun ownership and gun registration.  One retired Canadian LEO told me that a strict interpretation of current Canadian gun laws dictates that he cannot even stop for gasoline if his trap gun is in the car when he travels from his home to the trap range (since his gun is registered to be in locations he had to specify). 

Canadian border guards routinely spot National Rifle Association bumper stickers and ask the driver of the vehicle if he/she has any guns at home.  That indicates to me the direction a government will take if allowed.  Democracy is not majority rule; it's rule by the majority who show up.  Thanks for your time. 

Online DDZ

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 03:56:15 AM »
In switzerland every male aged 20 to 42 in the militia system regulation are required to keep rifles and or pistols at home.

There are shooting ranges everywhere in Switzerland, and many people from young to old participate in shooting. The Swiss government even incourages it. Family outings involve the whole family going to the shooting range. The Swiss have the biggest shooting compitition at one of thier ranges in the world. Maybe we, here in the U.S. could rid ourselfs of golf courses and build shooting ranges. The land use would be better served. 

There have been no school massacres in Switzerland, yet kids and guns mix freely. They have a shooting contest every September for boys and girls 12-16 years old. Thousands participate and come to watch.

Since 1291 Switzerland has used its armed populace for its defense. The Swiss have the highest gun ownership per capita in the world. When the Nazis occupied Europe in 1939-41, they proclaimed the death penalty for anyone that failed to surrender thier firearms in 24 hours. One of the reasons the Nazis didn't invade Switzerland is because every man had a rifle in his home. The Nazi invasion plan stated that because of the Swiss shooting skills Switzerland would be difficult to conquer and pacify. This demonstrates that civilian firearm ownership can prevent a large number of deaths and even genocide.

Its the same reason Japan did not decide to invade the U.S. homeland. They knew that the citizens in America had a large number of firearms.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn