Author Topic: Rules for non-resident in Wyoming  (Read 860 times)

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
Rules for non-resident in Wyoming
« on: September 01, 2003, 03:16:28 AM »
What does the state of Wyoming require that you bring in order to pick up your license for hunting.  How much orange (if any) is a hunter required to wear?  Any info would be appreciated.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 04:50:45 AM »
:D Try this site http://gf.state.wy.us/ . The state of Wyoming fish and game website should tell you. In general an orange hat is enough. A drivers license is usually enough ID. Most people have their license before they leave home. Don't forget to get your stamp. I see more wardens in Wyoming than anyplace else I"ve been so be sure you're legal.

Offline Cody

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 12:32:24 PM »
A hat, vest, coat or pants that are hunter orange are legal. I have even seen wantabe cowboys wearing their ten gallon stetsons with a strip of orange around the band.

What are you planning to hunt? Don't know what you can buy over the counter except Antelope doe/fawn licenses and Deer for just a few areas.

And like Freddogs said make sure you have all your paperwork in order, I was checked 5 times last year and 6 the year before. Mostly for biological studies, but they would still write you up.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 03:55:02 PM »
Thanks guys.   :oops: I gotta pay better attention.  I have my license . . . it was mailed to me.  I just wondered if all they required then was a valid drivers license when you get out there.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 08:52:46 PM »
Just make sure you have a valid ID along with your liscence. As for orange, an orange hat is enough but I'd reccomend a vest too. Never been shot but have had a few bullets zing by awful close. Lots of folks on public ground in huntin season around here and most of 'em sound shoot.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
Antelope
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2003, 01:18:26 PM »
What are the trepass fees in eastern Wy say Lusk area?
Jim

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 04:46:34 PM »
That can vary widely. Better places cost more. If you plan to just come out and ask just before the season, good luck.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.