Author Topic: How bout a little BULL?  (Read 400 times)

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
How bout a little BULL?
« on: April 22, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »
Been talking up these Handis lately. Went with my buddy and helped him pick out a 44 mag SB2. Another friend called me a few mins. ago and is going tomorrow to get one. We wanted to know a couple of things. Got ones WITHOUT Monte Carlo stock. He is asking about a near future 204 barrel. I only see them in Bull config. Never seen one in person. Will it be too muzzle heavy, and will the syn. forend fit it? Is it larger dia. than a 44 barrel? You prob. have answers to the other related ???? I haven't thought of on this subject. Also does it take as long to get my commission check as it does a 357 barrel? ;D Thanks for any help! B.V. Mike

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Re: How bout a little BULL?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »
The 44 magnum barrel on mine is .798 at the muzzle and I'd sat that is bull barrel diameter.  It's not that heavy at all  really though I may shorten it someday.  If your planning in the future to get a 204 or other high pressure barrel make sure you get one with an SB2 action.  The current 44 and 357 magnums come on SB1 frames and can't be rebarreled to rifle cartridges.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.