Author Topic: seacoast artillery  (Read 392 times)

Offline rampa room artillery

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
seacoast artillery
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »
 Hey seacoast artillery,
   so when are you going to put pics of the 7 in brooke on your web page?? I really am looking forward to the detail pics of the gun. and amo.

rick bryan
 3rd va co B

Offline KABAR2

Re: seacoast artillery
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »
Or how about posting some Photo's here of the Mortar you have been building?   ;D
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
    • seacoastartillery.com
Re: seacoast artillery
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:08:44 PM »
    Hey rick ryan, as soon as we get the white oak platform timbers and all associated hardware completed for the final prototype, we will show some photos and put them on the website.  Since our drop-dead deadline is the date of the Big Sky Shoot, and we will be working right up until August 1 on these items, I bet by the end of August you should see a bunch on this forum and by Mid-Oct. on the website.

Allen,   There is not much to see yet, hopefully the bed should be done by the 2nd week in May.  The French linstock and the shell hoist were picked up last Friday, but we prefer to integrate the mortar platform, bed and shell hoist into one functioning unit before we display any photos.  We tend to build all associated equipment first, like rammers, sponges, seacoast water buckets, pass boxes, etc., BEFORE we even start on the gun.  That way nothing will be neglected at the last minute before delivery.  So, while it's a bit unusual, we haven't even started on the mortar tube yet...it will be ready for a test firing before the shoot however.  The Gantt Chart for this project is being followed, so nothing will be forgotten or left to the last day.  We are not fast, but we are thorough.

Thanks for asking,

Mike and Tracy
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling