Author Topic: Think I bought a counterfit scope  (Read 611 times)

Offline jim36

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • A Real Regular
Think I bought a counterfit scope
« on: April 25, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
 >:( Yesterday at the pawn shop I found a nice 3x9x56 OE Bushnell scope.     It has the r 14 type range finding reticle in it. Looks new,good clear optics. I called Bushnell for some instructions on how to use the range finding reticle. He asked me the model number, and lo and behold there was no serial no. or mod no on the scope. He said they didn t use that type of reticle on their scopes. It s a first for me. Not real happy with this. Anyone heard of this before? I thought I had really found a bargain ;) lol.             Jim36                 

Offline reno2507

• Trade Count: (13)
Re: Think I bought a counterfit scope
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 06:18:17 AM »
If the pawn shop had it advertised as a Bushnell, I would think they would refund your money. Considering they paid pennies on the dollar, they will probably still come out ahead..
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jim36

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Think I bought a counterfit scope
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 01:11:23 PM »
I took it back. The owners are good friends of mine. They had never heard of a counterfeit scope. He looked me straight in the eyes and said he didn t know. I believe him. I then showed him the web site about counterfeit scopes. They could not believe that copies are being made of almost all makes of scopes. Anytime there is a scope that does not have a serial number or a mod no. on the bottom side, under the turrets,it s probably counterfeit. They gladly refunded me my money. I guess the old addage,"buyer beware" is still in effect.