Author Topic: rilfes that shoot pistols ammo  (Read 857 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
rilfes that shoot pistols ammo
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »
after fireing the  M-16 9mm at knights, i been thinking about it. Are there any rifles like the m-16 9mm that shoot 9mm ammo?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: rilfes that shoot pistols ammo
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »
  When you say "like the M16-9" do you mean rifles that look like the M16 in 9mm?  Or do you mean rifles that fire the 9mm, like the M16-9?

Either way, yes.  There are 9mm AR15 rifles and 9mm top end conversions for your existing AR15 rifle.   There are also a number of rifles available in 9mm.  There are cheap HiPoints, expensive HK and many in between.  Go to gunbroker, click on 'rifles' then search for 9mm within the 'rifles' category.  You will find some things to look at including those I mentioned and many more.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:59:53 AM »
thanks, some times i am not as clear as i mean too. The guns i was looking at were the Marlin model 9 Camp carbine,Kel-Tec Sub 2000, and the HI-POINT CARBINE. I want something at has a 30round mag or more and that shoot ok.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »
  Century is offering a semi automatic copy of the Finnish Suomi SMG.  70 round drum magazine fit the bill?  That should clear up any ammo you may have laying around.

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:21:26 AM »
none of the guns you mention have 30 rounds or more with the possibile exception the keltec but i think you have to have it setup to take glock mags. the hipoint has a 10 round mag and you can get a 15 round mag for it
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:47 AM »
if you can find one ( one was at a gun show a few weeks ago and another in a shop near here ) a camp 9 is a good one .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
 8) ok thanks. the camp 9 would be the best but it hard to find. I going for the ruger PC9 becuase i should be able to find one and it uses P-Series mags.

Offline Lone spur

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 08:21:52 AM »
If you're looking for a high capacity 9mm carbine check out the Calico series. Comes standard with your 100 rd mag.
My friends have always been there for me. They encourage me to make new mistakes instead of the same old ones.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 06:45:12 AM »
i don't think you can use a scope on it.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 10:08:03 AM »
The Marlin Camp 9 uses S&W 9mm mags from thier more popular semi autos.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 02:58:11 AM »
they coulduse other mags also you can or could order other adapters .

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 05:31:09 AM »
I heard that but have never seen any of the adaptors for the Marlin or the Kel tech.
I think the Ruger PC9 and the 40 version would have sold like hot cakes if they had made a different mag well to accept soem of the more popular makes like Beretta, Glock, and Sig.  I think the police departments would have taken them too.  That was the original goal of the little carbine.  But having to have two different mags that look similar with the same bullet in them, would have screwed up police officers.   The idea of a carbine that would shoot pistol ammo was a great idea, Well up to the point where the govt was handing out old M16's.  And city officails said.  Pay for a 9mm and mags or get an M16 and spare mags.....

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »
you know what you might be right , I had the Marlin in 45acp and was thinking the book that came with it stated that the 9 could be changed to use one of several mags but it was a few years back.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »
Looking around the fun stores this weekend convinced me that I need a 270 pistol. That was the most commonly available cartridge. All things considered it was pretty dang cheap compared to the pistol ammo that was obtainable. This madness must end soon or I'm gonna have to get a new hobby.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »
OK One T/C Encore  15" in .270 for you.  Your gun shop owner will be happy.
the only down side to getting a T/C is that you end up getting more barrels and more calibers.
I started off with a 14" 223 and have added a 10" 45 Colt, 14" 30-30 and 44 mag, and finally a 16.25" carbine kit in 223 and am looking at a few more.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »
I think the Berreta C4 storm usually gets good reviews, but it's expensive for a 9mm.

I like the idea of both a rifle & handgun combo, but don't do it in 9mm.  Buy a lever action 357 or 44 and a revolver to go with it.  At least that way whether you hunt or not you have something people consider a real enough gun to hunt deer with.  Just something else to consider.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »
i like the 454 Puma lever gun. But i am getting the 9mm ruger for varmints so it just find.