Author Topic: Powerbelts?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
Powerbelts?
« on: May 08, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »
Anyone used them?  Gotten good results?
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline coop2564

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Powerbelts?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
I've tried with bad results! Some others love them, u just have to try them and c if ur gun will shoot them. I have 3 guns I get about 2"-3" groups but some really bad flyers sometimes as much as 8".
Browning Illusion Bow
Omega Thumbhole .50_NEF Huntsman .50
Knight KP1 .243_Custom Rem 700 .308_Browning Safari Bar .300 WSM, Ruger No.1 30-06
Taurus .41 rem mag Raging Bull_S&W M&P 40C_Browning BuckMark .22_Savage 93R .17HMR

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »
I've tried with bad results! Some others love them, u just have to try them and c if ur gun will shoot them. I have 3 guns I get about 2"-3" groups but some really bad flyers sometimes as much as 8".

+1, My Huntsman absolutely hates them, it shoots EVERYTHING else great. The only one I ever got it to shoot worth a hoot, is the 260 grain KNIGHT PowerBelt. Yeah, Knight had a weak moment and marketed the enemies bullet.  ::) ;D

Some people never knew they even existed, Knight pulled them once they got a clue. ;)

U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 07:24:53 PM »
I have a .54 Pedersoli that loves them.  I've never got them to shoot well in anything else.
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline ELMO

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:05:11 AM »
   I don't shoot them now, but I had real good accuracy using the 348g Aerotips and 90 grains of 777-2f. I now started using the new Hornady FTB bullet and these shoot great also. The powerbelts are still a good bullet(heavy ones) and easy to load , it is that I wanted to try something different for now.     

Offline john keyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
I hope Frontier Gander doesn't hear about this thread.....

:o
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:18:58 AM »
I have used the 245 grain in my huntsman.  I honestly thought they shot very accurately and I have killed deer with them out to 100 yards with no problems.  My biggest complaint with them is the cost.  I shoot a lot and to pay that money was ridiculous.  I can mold a bullet and buy a sabot and kill deer just as dead and much more cost effective. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.