Author Topic: SCENT SUITS  (Read 602 times)

Offline TCAS

• Trade Count: (0)
SCENT SUITS
« on: September 29, 2003, 03:22:20 PM »
Are the activated charcoal scent suits a good investment or would it be better  to just spend the money on the various scent elimination sprays etc.

Scent Lok and Robinson labs are the only two makers of the scent suits that I can find.  Anyone with first hand experiance.???

TC

Offline BuckSecrets

• http://www.buckhuntersecrets.com
SCENT SUITS
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 05:34:11 AM »
Yes, activated charcoal suits work well. But you can get the same effectiveness from scent elimination sprays, and they will also allow you to touch up in the woods or camp after your clothes may have picked some foreign odors up.

Offline willis5

• Contributor
SCENT SUITS
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 06:07:16 AM »
There are a bunch now. Scent lok, scent blocker, and others.

One misconception is that you must wear these suits OVER evrything to keep the scent in. They actually absorb your scent so you could actually wear your hunting coat over the scent control system.

I have used Scent lock suits (brother stole mine  :twisted: ) and they do work if you use them correctly. you have to dry them in a dryer (to activate the carbon)  then place them in an air tight container like tuperware, tied trashbag etc. put them on right before you walk into the woods (not before the ride over) then take them off when the hunt is over and put them back into the airtight container. You can do this for about 2 weeks without recharging the carbon again in the dryer. They will last for 40+ washes, but I only wash them once a season as needed. The more you wash them the more carbon is washed away. By the way, the head pieces that they sell are worth it because much of your stench comes from your head and breath.

I think they are worth the price.
Cheers,
Willis5