Author Topic: Small shotgun options  (Read 707 times)

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
Small shotgun options
« on: May 12, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »
NEF and H&R have short 20 ga. barrel choices, the Tamer starting at 20",then the 22' models and finally ,in my view, the 26" length.All lengths can be stainless and some can be blued. WHICH are available with interchangable choke tubes? What barrel lengths ,finishes and choke options are available in 28 ga? I have learned from the infrequent popping-up of very rare items that the two companies occasionally got a wild hair somewhere and produced some very rare items. It is strange that some of the most in-demand calibers had such short life spans!    Ken

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Small shotgun options
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:44:25 PM »
While the 28ga has sustained its popularity in Europe, it had been pushed aside here in America.  However, its been steadily gaining popularity, here, in recent years.
I, too, have noticed from cruising the gun sites, that there were many configurations and styles that were made through the years.  These Pardners and Toppers are time tested and fill an important niche in the market.  It is really unfortunate that there are not more configurations and optional barrels available for them.  As far as the 28ga goes, I think there are only 2 available.  The 22in youth model and the 26in full size(28in?), both in blued barrels.  Too bad.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:16:14 PM »
Just got a 28ga. 22"barrel for my wife to shoot. Patterned it at 20yrds with #6 shot 1oz. loads. Looked great on paper, so I took her Turkey Hunting with it , nice Tom came in at 19yrds. and she got him.
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30

Offline mike@nds

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
    • NoDak Spud, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »
My 20" tamer barrel shoots quite high because the bead (aiming point) is farther to the rear.

I have to use a 6'oclock hold on targets.

Besides that, it's one of my favorite shotguns.
NoDak Spud, LLC
www.nodakspud.com