Author Topic: P11 and P3AT and Dry lube  (Read 1214 times)

Offline U S Male

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
P11 and P3AT and Dry lube
« on: May 31, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »
Just bought a P11 and P3AT in the last month and it looks like they are polishing the feed ramp now...both mine are very shiny there and I certainly have had no misfires with either. I think they like the Hornady Dry Lube very much.

Cleaned them both with it Last week and was very impressed...it leaves a very slick but very dry finish on the slide, barrel, etc. and also does no harm to the polymer..instructions say to run it down the bore (and then use a patch) as well. The biggie on this stuff is that it doesn't attract lint etc...Stuff's expensive though but one spray can will last a long time...just my thoughts.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: P11 and P3AT and Dry lube
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »
How does the Hornady dry lube spray compare to the Rem, drilube(R) spray?   

I've been using Break Free CLP (R) on my KT and have had no problems so far.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline U S Male

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »
Brett...i've not been able to find any Remington dry lube but I imagine it would be good as well and i've used the Break Free but I just bought the Hornady last week and I think I like it better than anything i've cleaned guns with over the last 30 years or so...it dries so good that I just don't see how it could pick up any foreign matter. You can run your hand over it after it dries (sets) and it is slick which we all know equals good movement....anyway that's my observations on it and i'm glad I bought some...Dave

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
Dave... thanks for the response.   I've always used Rem DriLube (R) on my shotguns and rifles.  It leaves a dry, slick, almost waxy appearing coating on the surfaces it is applied to and has worked really well for me. 

However, I've always used the Break Free CLP (R) on my revolvers.  No particular rhyme or reason it's just what I have always done. So when I got my Kel-Tec P-11 I automatically reached for the Break Free(R).

When my current can of Rem' DriLube(R) runs out I will have to give the Hornady stuff a try.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:48:29 AM »
Bought a can of dry lube at Wal Mart that seems to work ok. I believe it is marked "Liquid Wrench" dry lube. Don't have it handy. Picked it up in automotive. I've been using it when I clean my pistol mags. It really slicks them up without attracting dirt. Didn't know Remington and Hornady made it.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,