Author Topic: The Walnut Hill Press!!!  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Donna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« on: July 29, 2003, 06:31:27 PM »
Hi Guys and Gales, :D

Just got my new Walnut Hill Press the other day. Talk about a massive press, I don’t think it is as massive as the CSP-2 but it doesn’t weigh 66 pounds either. But it sure is massive next to the S-press, kind of dwarfs the little S-press. I mean the Walnut Hill’s press is at lease 2.5 to 3.5 times as massive as the S-press. Yes, this is the press I would start out with if I were going for my first press non-H die, non-hydraulic press. I also got the adaptor set so I can use Dave Corbin’s die set. The Walnut Hill Press also works great. I plan on getting two more of the Walnut Hill Presses by years end. :wink:

Donna :roll:
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
walnut hill press
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 12:16:33 PM »
:D Hi Donna
How much did it cost?, where did you get it?I`m jelouse, :twisted:  I want one. :idea:
 Just jokeing, I`m happy for you. Maybe one of these years, I get all of my hospital bills payed off, I can get one.
bullet maker :D
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline Donna

• Contributor
The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 05:53:19 PM »
:D Hi,

Bullet Maker, you may just be joking but this is for everyone else that is thinking about swaging. I got my Walnut Hill press from Richard Corbin at RCE Co. and the press was $220.00. He also makes an adaptor set so that Dave Corbin of Corbin Manufacturing & supply, Inc. dies will work in the Walnut Hill press for around $45.00.

Donna :wink:
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
Walnut Hill Press
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 07:11:28 PM »
Hi Donna :D
    The press sounds very reasonable priced. Will the M dies from the older Corbin Mity Mite press fit in the press? I`m restricted to the length of copper cups that I can make in the Mity  Might   presses, but not in the Walnut Hill Press.
Thanks
bullet maker :D
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline hunter280man

The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 05:17:58 AM »
So they work as good as they look....thats good...with the price tag what you get is a much larger press than the S with the ability to use S dies.   Not a bad deal.   I like it!   looks like my next press as well.    

Donna, on another topic....I just recieved some different samples of wire from star ammo.  These folks sent me 10# rolls of wire in two different sizes for free!   Gawd I love this company!  I'll deffinately keep themas my wire supplier!  Thanks for the heads up on them.
The older I get the better I was!

Offline Donna

• Contributor
The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 05:55:01 AM »
bullet maker, :D
I'm sure Richard will make the adaptor set work with the older “M” dies, he’s good that way.

hunter280man, :D
I think star ammo is a good company too. But I'm a tad bit jealous they never sent me any free lead wire, oh well such is life. lol

Donna

Offline kciH

• Contributor
The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2003, 09:00:53 PM »
Donna,
Did you get the adapters for the "S type" dies with your press?  How long did it take you to get the press and adapters?  Are the "S type" adapters standard, or does Richard need the die set(s) to be used with the adapters?

Thanks.

Offline Donna

• Contributor
The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2003, 10:03:23 PM »
kciH :D

I did get the adapters and they work with both the “M” and “S” type dies but some of the ejection pins and special purpose internal punches may have to be remade on a case-by-case bases. But Richard is very willing to work with anyone and the time and money involved is well worth it. :wink:  It took Richard about a month or two but no more than that before I had my new press and adaptors. The adapters are as standard as possible but if anything needs to be changed all he needs is the ejection pin or punch and die that needs to be corrected, not the whole set.

Donna 8)

Offline kciH

• Contributor
The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2003, 07:38:09 PM »
Donna,
thanks for the info.

Offline Lead pot

• A Real Regular
The Walnut Hill Press!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2003, 05:23:33 PM »
Donna I'm glad you finally saw the :idea3:
Lp.
Dont go were the path leads,go were there is no path and leave a trail.