Author Topic: Controlled Hunts  (Read 962 times)

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Controlled Hunts
« on: July 12, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »
I was skunked, anyone have luck?
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline okielectrician

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Controlled Hunts
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:21:10 AM »
Havn't drawed out in 5 or 6 years,didn't even try this year since I have a good spot up in Osage county.
I do remember in the 80's and 90's I use to draw out just about every year but the odds are alot more against you with more signing up these days.
But if you do sign up you ought to try for Spavinaw I know alot do and the odds are high,but in the early 90's I drew out with two other friends and we all harvested deer that weekend.I dropped a (16)point buck.
Thats a story in itself.
My boss who was with us got a (10),the other got a doe the second day.So theres good memories on the special hunts,just harder to get these days.
I do need to go get my stand out pretty soon,bow season will be here in a couple of months. ;D
Thank God for the woods and the critters that inhabit them

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:28:40 AM »
I missed the deadline to submit this year.  When does it open up to apply next year?

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:20 AM »
When does it open up to apply next year?
  I think it is around the first of April.

This is two years in a row I have not been drawn.   That is ok though.  I have been drawn for some real good ones my last 3 of 4 times they pulled my name from the hat.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline catkiller

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:24:22 AM »
We drew out for a muzzleloader hunt for two does each on Sequoyah NWR at Vian.We have drawn here before,target rich environment.Lots of fun.
" A woman's breast is the hardest rock the almighty ever put on this earth and I can find no sign on it!"_ Will Geer (Bearclaw Chris Lapp) from Jeremiah Johnson.[/quote]

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »
Son pulled a tag for salt plains, 2 deer 1 antlered. I was up there last year & there are some big dee
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!