Author Topic: 20 gauge Topper Deluxe Classic  (Read 809 times)

Offline guvnor

• Trade Count: (0)
20 gauge Topper Deluxe Classic
« on: July 04, 2009, 08:31:33 AM »
I recently bought a 410 pardner as my first shotgun and have been having a blast with it.  Never realized a single shot could be so much fun!

Ive been thinking of ordering a topper deluxe classic in 20 gauge to complement my 410.  I love the vent rib barrel and nickel plated receiver. 

But im concerned about recoil.  I know the standard pardner in 20 or 12 gauge have reputations for kicking like mules.  Hell even my 410 gives me a decent little jab when shooting the buckshot loads.  But does the extra weight of the deluxe classic make it tolerable to shoot? 

Does anybody know the "actual weight" of the TDC?  The website lists it at 6-7 pounds which is a little vague. 

I would mostly be using the gun for target shooting with light 7/8 oz. loads.  Occasionally might be hunting pheasant with 1 oz. field loads. 

Thanks for the help.   

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 20 gauge Topper Deluxe Classic
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »
Welcome! I have a 20ga TDC in a synthetic monte carlo stock set that I hunt turkey with, it weighs 6lb-11oz, 1½ oz turkey loads feel about like a 30-06, it's stout enough that I put a Limbsaver pad on it so it would be comfortable to shoot.  With the lighter loads and heavier stock, it will be fine.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain