Author Topic: black powder cannon 30 inch barrel 2.25 bore powder charge ? ?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline casca1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
  • Contributor
have a black powder cannon that I have beed shoot soda cans full of concrete in
and some 2 lb lead balls  What powder charge weight do you use or recommend ?

yes, it is safe and sturdy  in my spare time I do some machinist work for caterpillar inc. fools they expect me to have 8 hrs free time every day. 
I DON'T WANT NO MORE ARMY LIFE
PLEASE SIR,
I WANNA GO HOME
1983-1990

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: black powder cannon 30 inch barrel 2.25 bore powder charge ? ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:15:05 AM »
Check the stickys.  There is one with information about safe loads.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline gunner69

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »
A good reference is  http://www.cannon-mania.com/load.htm   NOTE: this is for salute charges only, cut in half for shooting projectile.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
If you hang a round this board very long,  you will quickly find Cannon Mania is seldom mentioned. You will not find them listed on our Cannon resource list.  They have a very bad reputation with the members of this board and their references are less than creditable or safe. There are membrs of this board who are still owed money by Cannon mania.  If you must have the details, do a search of the forum. You will find them.

That Cannon Manai load chart is way off. FFG doesn't go in cannons. Some loads are overloads.  Some are underloads. Then in the fine print, you find the loads listed are blanks loads.  That should be in Big bold print

If you want good safe and sane load recommendation from a creditable source go to the sticky at the top of this forum and look for our post safe loads and Cannon plans.  In that post you will find a load chart for guns under 2 inch from Matt Switlik's book "The More Complete Cannoneer." Switlik is an acknowledged expert in the field of Muzzleloading Cannons.  Use those loads.

Cannon-mania is the last palce to go to seek advice.

Offline gunner69

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
Thanks for the info..... I STAND CORRECTED.